would you be ok if your child wanted to name a pet after you?

we got our boys a baby ball python yesterday and they are hell bent on namin it after me. im not sure what to think about it. i dont mind them snake (and of course it will be me doing most of the care for it at least until the boys are older) it think naming it after me will cause confusion i could see m husband saying OH NO bonny ESCAPED and every one will be like what?

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 3:43 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How sweet! Since your boys are 4 and 6 i would say that naming their snake after mommy is a sign that they love you. I have 4 boys so I would have to say that yours love their mommy very much:-)
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:02 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Maybe you could convince them to give it a nickname of your name. Maybe BJ, does anyone call you that?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:46 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I would not be enthusiastic about a pet with my name. A nickname, perhaps. Instead of Mary call the pet Mimi, for example, or instead of Margaret call it Emmie.

Answer by Bmat at 3:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't think the kids mean anything by it but if it doesn't feel right to you, feel free to make them suggestions.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:49 PM on May. 18, 2009

• no they dont mean anything by it, my oldest said it cause the snake is cool and im cool for lettin him get the snake. but yeah i like the nick name idea thanks
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Ah, I think that is so cute,in their own way,they are honoring you.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 3:57 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I had goldfish named after my entire family once. The ones named after my parents were Mom and Dad, though, not their real names. They only lasted a week. How sad is that! I say let them name it whatever they want. We never really called our snakes by their names when we had them. They were usually just "the snakes"
    mamahud

Answer by mamahud at 4:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'd love it!
    Anonymous

• My crazy ass MIL named her dog after her late husband, who shares his name with my DH. Drives me crazy when we are over there and she is yelling Billy Billy at the dog all the time...just weird to me. Not too mention that is now my sons name also, but we call him William or Will.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:01 PM on May. 18, 2009