how does your baby sleep?

my son sleeps in his crib. he is swaddled in a blanket he sleeps like 3 feet away so im not worried about his breathing. im just wondering how you put your babies to sleep i mean they say to lay them on their back with no blanket. i mean wtf i wouldnt wanna sleep like that it cant be comfortable. i tried that the first few days and he started screaming. he needs to be swaddled

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We swaddled my son until almost 7 months. Now we just put him in a sleeper or maybe a onesie and some shorts if it's hot and lay him down. I put a blanket over him but it never actually stays there. As long as his face isn't covered and he's strong enough to pull the blanket off if it accidently comes near his face then he's fine. If he's swaddled the blanket shouldn't be near his face.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:58 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Im not sure exactly how old but maybe around 3 months my son would turn over on his stomach. He was only swaddled for about a month cause he hated being in the blanket and wanted to stretch but I always put him on his back and put him to sleep with a binky cause they say that helps with sids.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My son loved being swaddled. I think he was around 4-5 months when we stopped because he could get his arms out and was whacking himself in the face. When he was finally able to roll over, he would roll onto his stomach because he slept better that way. I have been putting him on his stomach for months now for sleeping. He'll sometimes roll onto his side, but he almost never sleeps on his back anymore.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:45 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My daughter slept on her tummy with a light blanket and my son will probably sleep the same way. We tried putting her on her back but she just wouldn't have it. Everyone in my family has been tummy sleepers.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my dd sleeps with me in my bed swaddled in a blanket on her back she has since the day she was born since she was born at home :)

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 5:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• In jammies, swaddled in her cradle. If it's cool we put another blanket on top of her.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My son sleeps in a wearable blanket.. but now he rolls over so Ive been keeping him in his onesie.

michelleyucel

Answer by michelleyucel at 10:24 PM on May. 18, 2009