how has being a family changed you?

how has being married and having kid/kids changed you? looking back before i was married....and had a kid..WOW...i mean wow lol. i was in the military still then, i partied A LOT on the weekends (most single soldiers do) i was a social butterfly, i just had fun...that was it...i was highly independent..now..im not as social but im working on that, i dont party and honestly, i do not miss partying either...wasted so much cash and hangovers suck..i do not take risks like i used, i was very free spirited before, ive become much more grounded.became much more serious about my degree and career when she starts school. i sing cartoon songs and do corny dances around the house lol. its only antural to change...and that happens with age and life.....what has changed about you?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 3:49 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• My world got a whole lot smaller, and that's just fine. What matters most to me these days is who lives under my roof. While the ills of the world are still very upsetting, etc. I feel much less "global" with little ones at home, I'm sure as they get older that will change.

Anonymous

• I feel more vulnerable, I was a college grad with my whole life in front of me. I think I wanted a lot more out of life. I am in the opposite place that I ever wanted to be. I love my husband and daughter more than anything in the the whole world, but I was supposed to be working on my PHD, not being dumbed down by Yo Gaba Gaba. I dont think I have lost myself, I just think I stuffed myself in a closet somewhere.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:34 PM on May. 18, 2009

• right now had i not have gotten married and had my daughter,.id be in a VW bus with my closest friends travleing the us!loli was a very free spirit and the term "hippie" was said. but life happened,.and i became stay at home mommy from miss independent...HUGE change! but honestly children is what im here for.i have my dd and im hoping for another lil one soon.i love my husband and cant picture my life differently but i often wonder.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:34 PM on May. 18, 2009