Do you pay for your kids lunches??

i do.. they say we make to much money.. just wondering who is in the boat with me??

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:57 PM on May. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes we do.. They also say that my hubby makes too much money.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My son recieves free lunch, but I just got a job and will have to pay next year. But, it really helped out this year.
    Anonymous

• No, we have the option, but its $5 a day x 2 kids x 3 days a week it adds up, we send in lunches from home.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• We have reduced lunches now...but if I'm in my same job next school year I doubt they will let us have that still.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:01 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have to pay full prices for my daughters school lunches.. $2/day.... My hubby is recently unemployed but it has just been the past few weeks. And school is almost over-So we didn't even bother seeing to get reduced or free lunches for her. She has been buying, But this week we are packing and taking lunch from home.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 4:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• We pay for it I doubt we qualify for free lunch. Never occured to me someone other than us should pay for my child to eat. If money is tight I pack a lunch it is my job to feed my kids. I would not have gotten pregnant if I could not. Part of being a good parent is making sure you can afford your kids before you have them.
    Anonymous

• Even if we did qualify for free lunch, I would never let my daughter eat the school food more than once or twice a month. The quality is dreadful, loaded with fat, sodium, and toxins. The vegetarian options are nearly non-existent.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:34 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My kids are on the free lunch program. When my oldest was in kindy we were so bad off money wise that she took the same thing to school every day...a PB&J sandwich, a baggie of saltine crackers and a bottle of tap water. If she was lucky we had some cheese slices or a banana to go with. It was a pretty sad lunch considering all the yummy stuff her friends got at school.
    The next year I applied for reduced lunches and was turned down but the form had a section to write in any circumstances and they would reconsider. I mentioned how she had barely anything the year before and a few days later got a note saying she had been approved. We've made the income limit every year since then (more kids in school after that so higher income limit).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• We are on reduced lunch, We pay 40 cents per kid for a lunch which works out well for us. Next year will probably be $2 per kid per lunch with my hubby's pay increase.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

WHAT? $5 a day? That is just crazy
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:57 PM on May. 18, 2009