What do you need...

to bring to the hospital when going into labor...

lanlan

Asked by lanlan at 4:01 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I took some night gowns, a couple changes of clothes. Basic bathroom supplies; soap, shampoo, conditioner, a razor, tooth brush, tooth paste. I had pads, and nursing bras, and of course baby stuff. Some bottles, clothes. My husband also brought a long his XBOX and some movies.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• BUMP also - if you have the baby all natual, then bring OLD granny panties, cause you will bleed and ruin nice ones.. long sleeve shrts for while your there it freezz in there..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• When I was in labor I wore shorts and a sports bra. You get so hott!!! I am not a skinny girl and I let it ALL hang out! lol... Bring DEODERANT!!! (dont forget it! if your anything like me you will put it ine every hour or so durring labor! lol... You get hott!!) Your own pillow... I loved having mine!! The Baby Book (for hand and foot prints, remember you have to ask for them to be done in it!) I brought makeup, even though I dont wear it everyday, it felt good to put it on after a shower to help me feel better! And you get lots of pics.! A hair brush and lots of pony tail holders... something to wear home you LIKE... I brought my Boppy, for breastfeeding, it helps... A binkie just in case your little one has a strong sucking need (my son did and it wasnt becuase he needed to eat! It was awful! My nipples hurt so bad!) And remember that its your baby, you can do what you want with it! Dont ask the nurse if you can dress it...
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 4:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• hold it, change it and so one.. same with the binkie! Just wanted to let you in on these quotes too!

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you,
    because it is you.~~

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers - strong, competent,
    capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength." ~Barbara Katz-Rothman

Good Luck! May you have a wonderful L&D!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 4:29 PM on May. 18, 2009

• shampoo and conditioner, I wore the undies and pads they gave me, the undies are one size fits all and mine were like boy shorts, i wore the hopital robes and they gave me scrub pants, I was not going to bleed in any of myown clothes, to come home I brought sweat pants and a relly cute shirt, all my pics are from the waist up. lol deoderant is good too and socks! other then that they will give you what you need, just remember to ask for it!. I tell everyone I know bring as little as possible with you. bring a cake or cookies to celebrate with too... my BF brought me a cake, i threw up all over myself after delivery, the cake was a nice way to celebrate!
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 4:42 PM on May. 18, 2009