does anyone else thing mothers are too dependent on Boppy pillows/seats

we were giving arms for a reason, to hold our chilren when we fed them, to hold them when watching TV so on and so fouth-
I see so many parents shoving there kids in those seats so they can prop the bottle or so they dont have to hold them all the time-
It makes me sad-kids need lovin not little rubber chairs to sit them upright so we dont have to hold them-
I would NEVER own one

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't understand what about a boppy means you're not holding your baby--baby could fall off otherwise. It's just to prop the baby up a bit, you can still put your arms around your child.

I think your point is we tend to put baby's in what my doula teacher called "plastic buckets." Some women don't know you can wear your baby, and should, and why it's good for the baby. So educate them! :o)
    pregpostmassage

Answer by pregpostmassage at 5:17 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i own one and its a benefit to me and a pair of extra arms to help especially with holding the baby ..even when i put the baby there i still hold the baby. breast feeding too, playing with the baby i put it there too
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 4:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Are you seriously complaining about this??
    Anonymous

• I see you put this under "pregnancy" .... do you have a child yet?
    Anonymous

• We never bought one, too expensive, our kids learned to sit up fast because we always put them on the couch or on a blacket on the floor. It made my son crawl at 4 months so I'm glad I didn't spend an arm and a leg on a stupid boppy or bimbo as I call it! LOL
    Anonymous

• yes I have a child-I also have one coming-so its habbit, Anon 314 is right-it stunts your childs development using it-when your kid cant hold a bottle or its head up and mine is rolling over holing a bottle or crawling you would understand
    Anonymous

• I own one too. I never just sat my baby in one, or propped on one either. I only used it when I was breast-feeding and it was just so I could relax and my arms weren't so strained when I was first learning. I also didn't use it more than about five times. I just got used to BF. Why do you care what works for one mom anyway?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Just like EVERYTHING else in life, it is what you make it. Do you honestly think that if there were no bobby pillows than these people would hold and be more loving to their baby? People are going to do what they want to do regardless of owning a bobby.

You should also not own a computer too, because computers can be used for evil. Same with your car! Get rid of it now! Cars can be used for bad things, they can even kill people!! While you are at it you should get rid of the toys, utensils, shoes, and everything else in your house that can be used as a weapon.

Anonymous

• I have one because i've only heard good things about them. I don't plan to use it as a babysitter, and I do plan on breastfeeding, and I have heard that it is a nice thing to have. I had younger cousins and would hold them with a boppy on my lap when I was younger because it helped me feel more stable holding them being that young. I plan to let my brother use mine for that reason too, because I know he will be nervous.
    So I guess im going to say that im glad I have one, and im sure it was worth the money.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 4:18 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks pregnant with my second baby and I am going to try a Boppy this time around. when I was breast feeding my daughter my breast grew to the size of 42E so its very difficult to hold her in one arm and feed her so I had to use a couple pillows to lay her on. I tried it without the pillows and it was very difficult. I'm going to try a Boppy this time to see if it helps cause my breasts are still very large. Other than that I didn't use the pillows and I won't use the Boppy, I loved holding my baby girl and I can't wait to hold my little boy. I don't think Boppys are wrong if you use them but don't use it for a "Nanny"
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2009