Can you take a pregnancy test at any time of the day?

My period was due 3 days ago. We are TTC. I took a test last night about 8pm and got a very, very faint positive. This morning with first-morning urine, I got another very light positive, barely there. I went and bought a different brand, First Response, and now it just says negative. Ugh. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes! I took my test with my first son late at night before bed, and got an accurate result, and with this pregnancy I took it in the afternoon. It is said that the hormone levels in your urine are highest if you test after you sleep, but if you expect you are a few weeks along I don't think it makes a huge difference what time you test. Good Luck!
    2isbetterthn1

Answer by 2isbetterthn1 at 4:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Morning time is the best time to test.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:14 PM on May. 18, 2009

• No, unless it's at the doctor's office, take it first thing in the morning because that most accurate.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 4:15 PM on May. 18, 2009

• When I found out I was preg. I tested every 3-4 hours that same day and all 6 test were bright +'s... But it depends on your hormone levels.. Mine were very high, causing naseau and vomiting the whole preg. so that was just me... take another test tomorrow a.m and drink lots of water so you really have to pee!!! Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 4:17 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Also I wouldn't drink a lot of water before testing to make you have to pee, because any home-pregnancy test will tell you that can make for an inaccurate result.
    2isbetterthn1

Answer by 2isbetterthn1 at 4:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I meant to drink alot before bed! Sorry!!!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 4:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• All I ever got was a light line. Never dark (even week after missed period. Usually any line is Positive. Congrats.
    Anonymous

• I've taken them all hours of the day. My last one I took while I was making dinner (around 5pm). It came back bright pink in seconds. The one before that I took early in the morning (about a week past due for my period) and it came back very faint. And as I've always read a faint positive is still a positive. It actually said that on the paper that came with the test.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:06 PM on May. 18, 2009