I am just curious how many moms have this issue and how much.

I was just wondering how many moms get depressed at some point during each month. If you do get depressed how often and is there a reason for it. I get depressed a couple of days every month and I don't really feel there is any specific or good reason for it. I have a very good life. I will be feeling fine then all of a sudden it just feels like sadness just hits me and I can't shake it for a couple of days. :0(

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on May. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow, I've been feeling like that lately, like my day is fine and I'm having fun ,then I just get depressed, don't know why, no real reason, it sucks
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Perhaps it's a vitamin defincenecy or a lack of sunshine in our days...but either way and whtever it is I get the same kind of feelings. Things can be going just swimmingly and BAM I get very sad and withdrawn or very irritable and my claws come out. Rihgt now my main focus is on identifying when I get sad. Is yours the same time every month? Does the depression come after certain weather?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Could it be a hormone shift from that time of the month? I know about a week before my period I get super tired like someone attached weights to me. I have no desire to do anything but lay on the couch or sleep in bed all day. I don't really get sad but I do get bitchy.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't know if it happens at the same time of the month. I guess I will start keeping track. Is this normal? Does it happen to most woman? If it has something to do with my period and hormones shifts can I do anything. When it happens I don't want to do anything but, play on the computer or sleep. I am completely useless. I also just feel like I need to cry but, nothing comes out. I need to do my work in the house but, I just can't get myself to do it. I hate it when I feel this way. :0( I once thought maybe I was perimenopausal. I am 35. I was checked and I am not perimenapausal. I just don't know.

Thanks,
    Anonymous

• My solution is chocolate :) OK, not the best solution, but it works for me. It's OK to get a treat once in a while to cheer me up on a particularly down day... Pedicures work wonders, too. Unfortunately, I can't really afford those too often.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 6:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I start feeling like this on the days that the kids just won't stop fighting!!! It happens more in the winter or on days when we can't go outside in the summer due to rain or heat.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 7:17 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't get depressed once a month, I get ANGRY. I get so angry that everyone (kids included) might as well just move out because they can't say anything right nor can they DO anything right. It's always within the week right before I'm going to start my period for a few days.
    Anonymous

• doesn't happen to me, but I had the same idea about it being hormonal.
    Anonymous

• Hey - are you me? I get like this sometimes too, from out of nowhere. Nothing has to happen to cause it, and because I am a perpetually happy person, people don't tend to believe that I
    suffer from depression. It just hits me, and then goes away too, usually as suddenly as it came on.
    Maybe we can talk sometime. I know that would help me...just knowing that I am not the only one who feels like that...I mean I know I'm not...but to really know it is something else completely. Message me any time you want!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• depressed? maybe because of everyday routine. preparing breakfast or food, cleaning the whole house, laundry etc. then u wake up another day, same schedule. maybe that is the time we develop or feel depressed. we need a break. at least once every two weeks. go out with your friends or with your family.
    try this
    iane

Answer by iane at 3:19 AM on May. 19, 2009