Have I missed anything else Democratic House Leader Nancy Pelosi has done?

Sent a so-called stimulus package to President Obama that was filled with pork and a heavy liberal agenda.
Traveled to Syria and then misstating the Israeli position in talks with Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Insisted on using large military aircraft and attempted to get military base rights for her own travels, treating the Air Force like her personal airline.
Pushed for an increase in the minimum wage that sought to exclude American Samoa, where Del Monte Foods (headquartered in her district) is a major employer.
Has failed to police her Democratic caucus with members Jane Harmon (spies and wiretaps scandal), John Murtha (earmarks for contributions) and Charles Rangel (tax evasion) under suspicion for misconduct.
Supports the Fairness Doctrine
Redefined ardent catholics views on abortion.
Attacked the Bush admin for waterboarding even though she was briefed on the practice and did nothing. Well she blamed CIA

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 4:30 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Did you already know about her proposed Windfall Tax on Retirement Accounts, that she would like to see taxed....AGAIN?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I forgot about that! Thanks Lori. I always know I can count on you ::wink:: :oP
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• well, she keeps personal care & medical staff in business, which keeps everyone from nurses to pharmaceutical companies getting paid! facelifts, botox, hair & make-up, nails, etc. She's one dolled up broad. Oh, and aviation fuel business booming. Remember she can't 'afford' to stop on a small plane to refuel, so she NEEDS a large plane that can cross-country in one trip. she's too important and can't risk getting kidnapped!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'm sure with 10 minutes of research you could find a whole page full. the woman is a psycho
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:58 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Remember she can't 'afford' to stop on a small plane to refuel, so she NEEDS a large plane that can cross-country in one trip. she's too important and can't risk getting kidnapped! ~ thundernlight

Good lord, can we please stop her using the big plane?  Pelosi being kidnapped can't be bad for us, goodness knows there aren't many people out there to hit up for ransom.  As it is, I can't think of one person that would pay a penny for her.  I imagine even the human traffickers wouldn't even want to touch that can of worms. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:07 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Nancy Pelosi is a red herring where as it pertains to the torture issue and what she knew or didn't know.

5 minutes ago it wasn't torture, wasn't illegal blah blah blah...Until members of the republican (see John McCain for one) party fessed up saying it IS illegal, it IS torture and it WAS wrong......So now they shift blame to a democrat, Oh cool we already hate Pelosi lets put the spotlight in her .....and disgrace her by asking HOW DARE SHE SAY THE CIA IS MISLEADING the congress

umm, a couple problems with that: 1) The ranking member of the republican party in congress filled a complaint against the CIA for misleading the congress that is currently being investigated DOH!!!2) It only proves that it IS torture, it IS illegal and it WAS wrong and should be prosecuted.

Ms Pelosi is the one asking to be put under oath to testify to her answers, she is the one asking for the CIA to release the memos from those meeting
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Despite the Justice Department's objections, a Congressional panel will press ahead with its investigation into destroyed CIA interrogation tapes, according to a key Republican on the panel.

"I think we will issue subpoenas," said Rep. Pete Hoekstra (R-MI), the House Intelligence Committee's ranking Republican, on Fox News Sunday (video below). "And once these witness appear in front of the committee, then I think we'll have to make the decision as to whether we're going to provide them with immunity or not. But our investigation should move forward."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Harman_sees_Constitutional_crisis_over_CIA_1216.html
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:43 PM on May. 18, 2009

• "The CIA did not tell us about the existence of these tapes," Hoekstra argued. "They did not tell us that they were going to be destroyed. ... [T]here's a Constitutional responsibility for them to keep Congress informed and they have not and we need to hold them accountable."

Rep. Jane Harman (D-CA), a top Democrat on the panel, says, "I am worried. It smells like the cover-up of the cover-up. ... Congress does absolutely need to exercise its Constitutional responsibility. We're an independent branch of government and we can do this very well."
    Of White House stonewalling on the investigation, Harman says, "We have a system of checks and balances and it's broken. We're in Constitutional crisis because of the arrogant view of some in this administration that they can decide what the policy is, write the legal opinions to justify that policy and be accountable to no one."

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• The woman needs to shut up !!!! I hope she gets out soon. If that is the best person for the job we are in trouble.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 7:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'll tell you one thing I like about her, she annoys you OP!
    Anonymous