Seriously, Obama tennis shoes?

You can go to www.obamashoes.tv and buy shoes with the president on them. Does anyone find this strange? Why is the president now a celebrity instead of a servant of the people? He's got more crap with his face on it than Hannah Montana. What's next, Obama Underoos for the kids?

TrekkieMom

Asked by TrekkieMom at 4:34 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why do you care? He's doing his job. If the people who sell the stuff want to sell this stuff who cares? It's their right. We have a free market ecconomy remember. If it bugs you don't buy it. I got bigger things to worry about in life.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Maybe... I told you it was all media hype. Our president has now been made into a celebrity. It's OUR world. It's the way of the USA Hon. Not anyone's fault in particular... Just all of ours for making such a BIG production out of stuff.
    Anonymous

• Hmmmm. Maybe if they put the pic on the bottom of the shoe.........
    Anonymous

• I guess you're too young to remember all the hype about Jimmy Carter. Hell we had his brother, Billy's own beer, back then. It is what it is.
    Anonymous

• So, I could take the Obama shoes and use them to clean my parents' barn when I visit? I would have no problem stepping in sh*t with his face on the shoe! Rock on with some brand new components!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I didn't say it bugged me. I said nothing about how the president is performing his job, and don't really care if he has tennis shoes, my point was more of what is going on in our country with how we elevate people to celebrity status. I would have posted the same question if it were GWB tennis shoes. I love that the free market allows people to profit from such endeavors. I just found it strange.
    TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 4:41 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Does he have to consent to selling something with his picture on it, in which case he'd make a profit off it? if so, that is pretty LAME!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Anon - I do vaguely remember Billy's beer. Too funny. You can still buy it on eBay!!

TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 4:58 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Does he have to consent to selling something with his picture on it

He doesn't the person who took the picture i belive just has to sign a realease

Anonymous

• omg!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:06 PM on May. 18, 2009