Does anyones mom still drive them crazy?

My mom still treats me like I'm 18. I will call just to talk and have a normal convo...but of course my mom has to find something to be mad at me about and then decides she can't talk to me anymore. This time it was about my cats. My family and I are going to visit my parents for a week and she knows I'm trying to get rid of one cat b/c it is a problem cat. So she is obsessing over this and gets mad at me. Like some things in my life have nothing to do with her...so I shouldn't even share anything with her anymore.
I try to have an open relationship about everything. oh well.

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 4:35 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell her that, if she wants to keep fighting with you about things that don't effect your relationship that you just wound share things with her anymore and if she wants to fight about that call her on it
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I know someone like that. Everytime you talk to them about something involving your own life they try to make it bigger than what it is. I try not to talk to that person about certain things that involve my personal life. It could be something as simple as taking that trash out and they would just make a big ordeal about it. I just dont bother talking to that person about anything besides mutual conversation like the weather, news, weekend, how other family members are doing, and etc. Dont let it get to you just know that certain things can not be discussed with her and talk about something else.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 4:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• In answer to your question, I am the youngest of four, and at 47 my Mom still introduces me as "her baby".  I am better with this now than I was in my 20's but really!!  Anyhow, my Mom, whom I love very much, is extremely opinionated and judgemental and I can only take her in small doses.  So I call her  every few days and let her talk about whatever, and agree with whatever she says cause I learned long ago that the aggravation wasn't worth it.  I know I disagree with her a lot, but it serves no purpose to upset her and myself at the same time, so I have decided to simply keep my opinion to myself and let her ramble.  It works better this way.big smile mini

kitkat2000

Answer by kitkat2000 at 4:48 PM on May. 18, 2009