Statue of Limitations for Child Abuse in Missouri?

My ex-SO was very abusive to me and my kids. He is in the Army Reserve and when he got deployed I took my kids and left. I was too scared to do it before that. I filed a restraining order on him when he came home on leave. I have not filed any charges yet, because he is in Iraq. He will be returning home soon though. I am just wondering what the statues are and if it is too late.

Oh and before it is asked, no, there was no sexual abuse to the kids. And CPS had been to our home once before, but they questioned me and the kids in front of him and he threated to kill all of us after they left. I have at least one friend that has witnessed his abuse, that would be willing to testify against him and my ex-husband was told by our 2 kids about all this. He is the one that called CPS and helped us get away from him when we left.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• If you wait a year to file, it's too late. You have to have evidence upon filing (pictures mostly). There's no way to prove it now.
    Anonymous

• All I could find was limitations for sexual abuse, why don't you fill them while he's in Iraq? Don't wait to long!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:41 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Get a lawyer. It's all I can tell ya.
    Anonymous

• call the state prosecuting attorney's office. They know.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on May. 18, 2009