giving up on life

Do you ever feel like this? How do i stop feeling this way? I have no one to trust anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. I have never, ever felt this way. That is a very selfish way to think and you need to seek help. Do you realize what you would leave everybody in your family with if you chose to end your life? GUILT, they will never, ever rest, for the guilt that you will bestow upon them. You have to seek help, even if you have to go into the hospital ER room.. Do it. No life is ever worth ending. You can always wipe the slate clean and start over.... There is a way.
    Anonymous

• I have ABSOLUTELY felt that way. I've contemplated wether or not it would be best to off myself.. I've always been able to find some reason to stick around, most recently my children.
    I had a spell where I felt so out of it that I finally seeked help because I don't want to not be here for my kids. I do want to witness the beautiful things in the world, may they be far and few between. My doctor put me on an anti-depressant and it actually worked quite well. I didn't have anything weird happen and i felt like ME again! It was great. I couldn't afford to go back to him however so now NO more meds, but, I have been dealing fairly well without them. I think sometimes you just need a stepping stone to start moving towards the future.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 4:49 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Been there! Been there! Been there! I so felt like a replicant from the Blade Runner movie '94 without any family, purpose, or life.

I even sought help. But that didn't even work. Everyone kept rubbing everything in my face, as if I were the master of all this demise. I became very dysthymic. (So much for pro help, huh? I guess that's how they make their money!)

But you know, I wised up. I lost faith in just about everything except myself. And I worked, and worked. I worked my way up by my own two feet. I got my esteem back. Those losers who walked out on me, well, they want to become "friends" again. LOL

To make the long into short, I have a good job now, with a new life, and a new family. Life goes on.
    Anonymous

• Of course I've felt that way, but fortunately never since having kids. They keep me going even when I don't want to I feel like they are my reason to. Doesn't mean I don't ever feel like it. Just means I now refuse to.
    Anonymous

• Yes i have. My saving grace was my child. He is my world. However i believe where there is life there is always hope. As long as the heart is beating and you have breath. Things might be bad now but look at the long term in a new perspective and life might not seem so awlful.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 1:42 AM on May. 19, 2009