Do you let your baby watch tv?

My twins are 3 months old and love watching TV, so they only watch baby einstein.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 4:47 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have read that little ones that watch to much TV have shorter attention spans when they reach school age. TV gives many different forms of lights and kids get used to this and expect it. My own son did watch Barney and age 2 he knew his alaphbet in English and Hebrew, and could count to 100, knew his colors,and shapes. BUT now he does have ADHD.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:52 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have the tv on a lot, but she is playing with her toys. There are a few commercials that seem to hypnotize her, but other than that, no she doesn't watch tv.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Nothing is a better educator of your child than you. Shut off the TV. Especially if you don't want them watching it a lot later.
    pregpostmassage

Answer by pregpostmassage at 4:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Not,when they was babies,but,some DRS. say it's good for them,and,like always,some may say TV is harmful. In my home,I don't whats wrong with us,we all sleep with the TV on,it's not like we are watching a show,we just have it on,my older DD tease me,and say,aren't you kind of old to be scare of the dark,lol.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 5:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I let my son watch the baby Einstein movies all the time starting at 6 months old. I didn't believe what everyone said about tv being harmful to little ones because I watched the movies with him and talked to him about what was on the tv. Well now my son is 4 and has major attention problems. Hard to say if it was all from watching tv or not but I would just caution you to limit the tv as much as you can.

Anonymous

• Well, I watched tons of television when I was little and I don't have attention problems.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't keep him from it but I don't plop him in front of it and use it like a babysitter either. Even if I tried to do that it wouldn't work because he's so active he could careless about the TV. It's on around him all the time and the only time he stops to pay attention to it is when he hears the spongebob theme song (it's on for Daddy..not baby LOL) or when the Bendaroos imfomercial comes on. No idea why that's so fascinating.
    Anonymous