What's the deal with MJ?

I am new, and was noticing that almost every question I read responses to in Politics somehow turns to a discussion of Marijuana or at least has references to it - which are quite funny. What is up with that? I'd like to know the history here.

TrekkieMom

Asked by TrekkieMom at 4:49 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's because we have young, stupid people that believe that marijuana is okay and just because they chose the stupid way in life, it would make them happy to know that there are more stupid people out there than just themselves.

It's like when a teenager discovers sex, they want everyone to know about it. Because they are children.

They don't realize it makes them look stupid and immature. Because true, mature adults who are responsible for raising responsible children do not use drugs.

Druggie parents = druggie kids. Kids we do not need in life. We need responsible people producing responsible kids.

Druggie parents should not be allowed to reproduce... they are worthless.
    Anonymous

• We have a lot of druggies here. Not me though I never touch the stuff.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• There is a good size group of mommies here who believe that the wacky weed should be legalized. Odd, I know. Esp. from such a fine group of women who would consider them the best mothers on the planet. You know, those concerned about their childs health and welfare. Those that tend to their childs need at the drop of hat. Those that feel that their children are the most important thing in the world, but hey, if you're wacked out in the evening, and I'm assuming that mothers would only do weed AFTER the babies are tucked safely into their cribs, then whats the problem? But that's what they are adamant about and will defend their position, no matter what DFACS has to say about it. LOL
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I thought you meant Michael Jordan! We had a discussion last night about how his son was accepted at one of the top high schools at the same time that MJ bought new floors for the school's gymnasiums...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Really what is the big damn deal about it? It is a plant folks..it takes a hell of a lot more to make booze then weed.
    Get off your high horses and join the real world, nobody cares about you unless your Obama.
    Anonymous

• Actually pp it is a large part of the country, not just here, that believes it should be legal. Anyone who actually takes the time to educate themselves on this plant would want it legalized.
    Anonymous

• "It's because we have young, stupid people that believe that marijuana is okay and just because they chose the stupid way in life, it would make them happy to know that there are more stupid people out there than just themselves."

I'm neither young nor stupid, haven't touched marijuana in over 20 years, and I still think it should be legalized. Alcohol is much, much worse, yet we drink it to celebrate every occasion.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• the big deal is that cannabis is a miracle in MANY ways and some of us want to shine the light for those still in the dark!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 6:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

I wanted to LOL at that, but for some reason forgot why. J/K. Personally, I believe that it should be legalized even though I do not smoke it. I also agree that won't happen, because drug companies would lose too much money to allow it.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 6:06 PM on May. 18, 2009

• The whole issue of Marijhuana being discussed on a parental website is yeah, a little freakish. CafeMom, IMO, should ban the discussion of usage of illegal substances. And I don't give a sh-- if you have a 215 card, some people have opinions regardless of how much biased studying you've done to convince yourself your habit is "ok".
    I'd like to see a study on how many people who use the stuff on a regular basis hold a regular job. Gee, maybe it will open "my eyes" and enlighten my sense of the world. whoopie.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:06 PM on May. 18, 2009