How old was your daughter when you started painting her nails?

I've thought about painting my daughter's toenails, she's almost five months old. Since summer is coming and everything, I think it would be cute. I don't think she'd stay still long enough for me to do it though :P

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:05 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• do it when she's sleeping. and that would be cute
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Wait til she's sleeping and paint away =) My sister in law is always painting my nieces nails and has since she was a baby. It's cute. Have fun!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Wait until she's old enough to tell you "yes" that she wants her nails painted. My daughter will be a year next month and I have not done it yet. I want her to be able to tell me yes she wants it done. But that's just me.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 5:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I kinda want to do that, too! Mine is 8 months.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 5:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Yeah, I paint my daughter's toenails and I have to wait until she's sleeping or it would be all over her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Really? At five months? I'm not bashing. I swear I heard something about the chemicals in polish was bad for them. That could be wrong though...and it's hearsay. Hmmmm....if it won't hurt it, I say paint away. I have a little boy so I don't get to do that stuff :( lol
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my daughter loves having her nails painted and she is 3. I did not do it til she said she wanted it done and she does sit and allows me to do it. If she wants it done she will sit still..........after your done, that is another story!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 5:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It's friggin nail polish, not a tattoo and it's non-toxic. Moms on here are way too uptight.
    Anonymous

• I started at 18 months...but probably would have done it sooner if she slept on her back and I could do it then. But she loves it!....little tip though...make sure you buffer her nails first! Otherwise, it will come off almost immediately...at least it does on my DD. Have fun! My DD is now almost 3 and we just had a "girlie night" I now proudly sport red toes with fish on them and she has pink toes with turtles on them....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 5:15 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I mean I know some people paint their daughter's *fingernails*, but I most definitely won't do that until she's older.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:16 PM on May. 18, 2009