Did you ADHD/ADD child watch alot of TV when little?

I was reading another post and this caught my attention. I know that TV's give out many different light and I know it can cause sleeping problems (sleeping with TV on). But I also question if to much TV can contribute to ADD/ADHD

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 5:21 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Have you done a google search on this topic? I am not a social scientist, but I do know that there is a positive correlation between television and obesity.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My son has ADHD and so does his father/my husband. It's hereditary and a lot of times from father to son. My other son does not have it. A child neurologist told me that. I don't think tv viewing has anything to do with it.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 6:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• No, we rarely watch tv in our home, even when our children were little. I read to them a LOT from infancy on up and had them read to me once they began to learn how.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't think tv watching has anything to do with ADHD/ADD, it is often hereditary. I have it and so does my son. I think it is just something else cooked up to cause more drama in the world.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my dad and i both have severe cases of add/adhd and i remember when i was young my mom took me to a psychologist and told them she didn't think i was diagnosed right bc i could sit down and watch tv for hours on end and he told her it was bc the picture is always changing and is never the same...so if you have add/adhd you are born with it but you watch tv alot because its always changing and you don't get bored as easy if you were just playing with toys or what not
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 4:17 PM on May. 19, 2009