I'm thinking I may need some type of medication....

I've been going though a lot, emotionally due to various personal issues. I see a therapist, but I still am very "on edge" all the time. It is not good for my marriage. I'm beyond over sensitive. Would a medication help me? I don't think I'm depressed, but I don't know much about how I feel. I've kept so much inside for years. I sleep ok and eat, but I'm feeling mad a lot and can't get past it. Would a medication possibly help? I feel weak to ask about it, but I don't know what else to do to help myself feel better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• I say talk to your doctor. Maybe it is depression. You can't get help if you don't ask. I used to be embarrassed talking about stuff like that but I figured that it would get me nowhere.
    angelica02985

Answer by angelica02985 at 5:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Are you me? Am I you? I could've written what you wrote! But I made an appt. w/my doctor for next week and I'm just gonna come out and say it...GIVE ME THE MEDS!
    I've been seeing a therapist, but she does the whole holistic route. While I respect that, it's just not working for me. I've really tried, too, with exercise and diet and just trying to think positive and happy. It's not working, either. I'm mad at everything and nothing, and I've NEVER felt this way before. I can't control it! I feel like I have some kind of imbalance, like I'm pre-menopausal or going thru some kind of unsettling change.
    I hope you find the help you need. Don't feel like you're weak, you're NOT! Call your doctor. Good luck!!!
    Anonymous

• Could be anxiety.

There's nothing wrong with talking to your doctor about it. A good doctor will work out a whole treatment for you.

Like when I had post partum depression, I got meds, but my doctor and I also talked about activities that made me feel better. I said going on walks, and talking with other mothers helped, and he suggested I do those things just as diligently as I take the prescription medication.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:34 PM on May. 18, 2009