Am i almost there??? Dialation

Ok i went to my doctors office today and she checked me my cervix is 2cm dialated and im 80% effaced, i asked her to induce me shes thinking the end of the week, since im having a hard time walking and stuff, can i actually go into labor even if im only 2cm dialated? she also said the baby is realy low she could feel his head, is there anything i can do to help with the dialation? thank you ladies.

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 5:35 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dilation doesn't really have anything to do with the time you will go into labor. Some women will sit at 1-4 cm dilated for a weeks to even over a month, some women will go into labor without being dilated at all. Best you can do is just remain active. Good luck!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I got really excited when I was 3 cm but it didn't move from there until I was induced. My dr told me to walk a lot, which I did but nothing changed.
    Anonymous

• I walked a lot during both pregnancies. My 1st, I sat @ 4 cm what seemed like 4ever. They ended up inducing me, but everything went well. My 2nd, I was also induced, but it went much faster. Dr accredited it to all the walking, but idk. GL!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 6:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• IF this is a first baby then you could go at any time now and your really close. Most times with first pregnancy's you don't sit too long at 80%and 2cm. Now if you have had a baby before then your more likely to stay like that for a while. I was once 3cm and 80% for 3 weeks. That was with my 3rd. With my fifth because I was so far from the hospital I was induced at 2cm and 75% they broke my water at 2 cm because the bag was bulging and was going to bust anyway. They just figured they would save on the clean up. I gave birth 5 hours and 45 min after that.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• BUBBLE BATHS lots and lots of bubble baths-I know this sounds weird but play with your nipples alot too-those things can naturally induce pregnancy
    Anonymous

• IDK, but how exciting! Congratulations, you will be free soon! Pray for all the rest of us who have 8+ weeks left! You're so lucky...lol!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:46 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Being dilated does not mean that labor will start soon, you can go from 0 to 10 cm in a couple of hours but you can also walk around a couple of cm dilated for many weeks before labor.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:52 AM on May. 19, 2009