death......how do you get over loosing someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• no one grieves in the same way...
    I lost my baby at 20 weeks and I had her cremated and put her ashes in a ceramic baby box with a rocking horse and a poem on it. After I had my son(technically my first born) I put the urn in his bedroom and I believe it helped him sleep at night.

to this day the urn still stays in my kids bedroom and I still mourn to this day...There will never be a day I don't think about my little angel.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• did you lose someone? I'm sorry for your loss if you did =(
    I lost a best friend last year, but didnt find out till a month later. and we lost contact for many months when I moved in with my BF. so I had a lot of guilt and really really missed him. I recently hung out with my former roommates, both good friends of him too. it was very healing talking about him, and it made me feel more at peace. we talked about the good times and decided not to say "oh Jim would have really liked this...." since it would only spark sadness again, or at least keep that to ourselves. he's in a peaceful place now and I hope to see him when it's my time to go.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:43 PM on May. 18, 2009

• 2wndrfl btrflys.............that is very creepy, you were only 20 weeks pregnant, I'm sure it was just a tiny little thing that did not even look human. Get it out of your child's room.

To the OP, time heals all wounds
    Anonymous

• I believe the only way to get over a loss is to give yourself time, for some it takes monthes, while for others it's years.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 6:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Anon 6:01People have their anatomy scans as early as 18 weeks. That means the baby already has genitalia. Babies at 20 weeks gestation definitely look exactly like little people, because that's what they are. You may not understand it, but that doesn't give you the right to judge someone else who has lost a baby and is grieving in their own way. I hope you never lose a baby and really know how painful it is.
    Anonymous

• Time and acceptance.

When my father was dying of cancer, letting him go was the hardest thing I ever had to do.  And yet, it was the one thing above all others that gave me the most peace.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If that person was someone special to you, I don't think you ever totally 'get over loosing' someone. They will always be a part of your life. Over a period of time, the hurt may lessen, but you will always miss them and in a way grieve over their death. When I was approx. 4 yrs of age, a friend was killed in a car accident. This was 40 yrs ago. I still think about her from time to time. I wonder what her life would have turned out to be like. I don't think I would ever want to 'get over' someone. To me, that would mean that they were never in your life to begin with. I know that when I die, I do not want to be forgotten. However, I do not want people to grieve over me, but I know that it is a natural process of life.

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 6:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It is not easy and we all grieve differently. Though the memories are always with us, the pain in time does subside.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Anon 6:10 that was rude. It is her child, you don't just flush it down the toilet
    Anonymous

• Understand that--in the case of a miscarriage especially-- if the body being built is imperfect in some way then the child's soul needs to wait for one that is suitable. 2wndrfl_btrflys son is probably the soul of the first child, who finally got through. Having the remains of his first attempted incarnation in his room doubtless makes no difference to him. It is like hanging on to an old outfit that you can't wear anymore, but that you still want to keep for sentimental reasons. As sorry as I felt for myself on the night that my beloved mother crossed over, I was happy for her. She went home...something even the christians can comprehend in their own way.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:49 PM on May. 18, 2009