Need ideas for 5 hour plane ride!

I am traveling wth 2 kids on a 5 hour plane ride to jersey. What can i bring on the plane to keep them entertained and quiet? My daughter is 3 and easily amused. My son who is 13 months almost is hard to entertain.My son has bad tantrums and i dont want it to be a problem. im so worried that we will get kicked off the plane becuase of a tantrum or whining. Will they both be able to sit still for 5 hours? What kinds of things should i bring for them? snakc ideas and toy ideas would be helpful :D

mamasbabi3176

Asked by mamasbabi3176 at 5:43 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Travel

• My girls love to color and look at books. Also take their fav toy/snack. Maybe they'll sleep most of the way.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 5:54 PM on May. 18, 2009

• A portable DVD player is probably a good idea. I brought one of those on the plan when my son was almost 2 and it kept him entertained for the most part. Make sure you bring their favorite snacks and drinks. I'd maybe get them a new toy that you bring out on the plane. Something new that they haven't already played with for hours. You might be surprised though, it could be a lot easier than you think. Just try to keep a positive attitude about it and don't worry about if other people give you looks or whatever. Just do you best to entertain. Sing, make funny faces, make up games. You can do it!
    Trajik003

Answer by Trajik003 at 2:50 PM on May. 19, 2009

• check out a new travel community site www.bigbluetrunk.com.
    they have an article on this particular topic.
    Anonymous