Do you ever donate or give to people and not care what happens?

Have you ever given something to someone and not cared if they sold it right after getting? Maybe even regifted the item? Or do you take that into consideration when giving to certain people.
I know that you can't control how someone uses your gift, but wouldn't you be upset if they didn't appreciate the thought behind it?
To anyone I have sent regifted items to, SORRY just wasn't my taste.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 5:45 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When you give someone something then it should not matter what they do with it. But I would never regift, just not me.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:47 PM on May. 18, 2009

• So what do you do with the shirt that are the color pattern you would wear? Or the dress that's to short?
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 5:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Regifting is tacky. I had someone regift a beautiful bracelet I bought for her..SHE picked it out. Then she gave ot to someone else she didn't know I knew. The reciever of the bracelet loved it and went on about how wonderful and thoughtful it was of..the friend I gave it to. I was hurt, and angry at once.
    Anonymous

• So what's the differencing in regifting and giving it to someone who will use it? I just cleaned out my closet and found several items with tags attached that I know I didn't buy. I gave them to a friend who would were them. We've exchanged items like that before and never had a problem or cared where they came from, as long as they fit. Anything that didnt' fit or wasn't wanted we donate to a thrift store or Salvation Army.
    As far as your friend, if you let her pick out the bracelet, and she gave it away. Then when she was picking it out, she was looking to give it away from the get go. That's not what I do at all.
    People just can't seem to be able to buy for me. Which is probably why I tell people from the beginning to just get me a gift card to my favorite store or buy something they know I will use. I'm fine with you buying me food for the pantry. I garauntee it won't go to waste. lol
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 6:29 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't THINK about that stuff I give for the joy of giving and the ones I mostly give to are moms with children and I send gifts for their children . I'm not one to buy things for a grown woman and in that case that I might buy something for a friend I give them a gift card because I have no fashion sense and plus I have no clue as to likes and dislikes.

But yes i have given stuff away that someone has boughten for me if I don't like it or its just not my style.. but I don't think I have ever taken something some one has given me and gave it as a gift to someone else.. for me that is not my style.
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 6:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Passing a gift on to a friend who will use it, and the original giver will not be hurt is fine. Regifting..literally wrapping something up and giving it to another is tacky and classless.
    Anonymous

• no nothing is ever wrapped from me unless its a special holiday. like birthdays, christmas, etc. and when we give each other clothes out of our closets we don't wrap. it goes in a gift bag for easy carrying that's it
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 8:32 PM on May. 18, 2009