If your pregnant and your not sure if you want to keep the baby-who are you supposed to get into contact with?

Im 25 weeks 4 days, Im not sure If I would be doing the right thing keeping him-Lord knows I want too, but I just dont know-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on May. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Planned Parenthood has excellent counselors that can help you decide the best choice for you and your unborn child.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:35 PM on May. 19, 2009

• there are local hotlines you can call for advice, if you might want to consider abortion, or you can stay pregnant and put him/her up for adoption. GL and dont feel guilty, but expect guilt to be there. if you arent ready, you arent ready.
    Anonymous

• Try your local child welfare office they can lead you in the right direction
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Planned Parenthood has truly wonderful counselors. When faced with an unplanned pregnancy I met with them three times before deciding to keep the baby.
    Anonymous

• I agree...find a Planned Parenthood closest to you and go speak with a counselor. I would encourage you to strongly consider adoption if you decide you do not want the baby. There are many wonderful people who would love to have a baby and have waited for a long time.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If you are having doubts. I say think it through. A baby is a blessing, and they never asked to be here. So i would honestly advise you to give your baby up for adoption or keep him or her.
    Anonymous

• Well, it's illegal at this point to get an abortion, so adoption would be your only option.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you shouldve used a better form of birth control!!! If you arent ready to have a baby, then dont have sex or use better protection!!! If you dont want the baby give it up for adoption... its not the babies fault that you arent ready to take responsibility for your actions!!!! Its just upsetting to hear this cause there are MANY people out there that cannot have children... and then there are people who can and they take advantage of the special ability of being able to have children and they just turn to abortion or adoption when they just arent 'ready'! I dont think anyone is ever 'ready' to have a child... But if you truly arent ready, please give that baby a good home by giving it up for adoption!!!
    Anonymous

• There are adoption agencies out there that offer counseling for moms like you. Go through a private agency if you can, you'll have more control of everything.
    Anonymous