I'm POOR.... is there any legit home assembly programs?

I am a stay at mother in one of the smallest towns EVER- its very hard to find a job here, and make it worth the money cause of the cost of daycare for 2 kids..... i have been lookin for weeks to find a work at home assembly job that won't rip me off.... i have tried doing surveys but that didn't work out so i figure i'm a crafty person! does anyone do home assembly products of is it all a RIP off- I"M POOR lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have never really heard of an assembly job being for real. I only know about some, which are called merchandising jobs, where you can assemble bookcases, desks, etc.. at home and then take them to the stores. You can find out more by going to Narms.com.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• None of those jobs are real and are a total scam. They take your money then you have to pay for your supplies. In the end your lucky if you make $10. Honest. You're best bet is to move to a bigger town and look for employment there.
    Anonymous

• I have a few thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Get paid to get your mail out of the mailbox! Either at home or at the Post Office! No FEES!
    http://www.peoplestring.com/register/?r=cindyk1982

Get paid to do surveys! FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON and INSTANT CASH! PAID EVERYDAY!
    http://www.points2shop.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

Get paid to play games and do surveys! NO FEES EVER!
    http://cashcrate.com/322297

I make an excellent income from home with these FREE sites. All you need is about 10 minutes a day
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• have you ever thought that maybe now is the time to start your own home business and not be at the mercy of an employer?
    I have my own home business that actually saves my family money every month on real products that I actually use. Anything from toothpolish to laudry detergent. And best of all, it's GREEN.
    I simply show other families HOW they can save money and by doing so, i make money.
    If you are open to taking a look at it, I promise NOT to waste your time and there is absolutely NO RISK.
    Contact me to get all the information to make the best decision for you!
    mikwen

Answer by mikwen at 8:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Dont switch who you depend on, thats silly.

Also find out the laws about running a business from your living quarters. My husband and I started a business where people depend on us to have the product in stock.

But we live in an area where we can not keep stock. We are losing alot of business; visitors from out of state look us up and we cant help them!

So now we are deperately trying to move in this terrible economy in to a district where we can carry stock.

People especially need our product when the economy is down like it is now.

Try HomeCareerSuccess.com in the forum there is a big list of places like American Airlines that hire at home workers.

It is very competitive-Good luck to you.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Careful with assembly jobs.. Why not start your own home business. I have one that's free to join and there's NO investment required. No kits to buy, no inventory to carry, etc.
    Or, you can try ChaCha. They're hiring again, so PM me to find out more about them
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 9:52 AM on May. 19, 2009