pet peeves in church

I was at mass on Sunday and their was a couple in from of us kissing and hugging they might as well have taken their clothes off.....its one thing to hold hands in church but to be all over each other to me is very inappropriate and disrespectful....I also hate people who don't turn off cell phones and people who are late church ..those are my pet peeves

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I hate when people are late for church ..that drives me up the wall
    juju40

Answer by juju40 at 5:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• when there is a nursery & a nursery worker but ppl still don't take their lound screaming kids back there--- hello my brother & sister in law!!!
    Anonymous

• There is this couple and he has a shaved head, and she rubs her acrylic nails all over his head all service long. Not just casually, but like she is a shiatsu, and then he moves like he is getting the chills. It is like a SNL skit.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Anon screaming kids don't bother me its the adults that don't shut up...
    juju40

Answer by juju40 at 6:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• juju I agree. the loud conversations that go on in the sanctuary before Mass. People are trying to pray before service. The children are singing praises in their own way.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• People talking politics in church. That is not the place to talk politics. We, luckily, have a Pastor who completely agrees. He NEVER preaches about political issues and doesn't have to worry about skirting the tax exempt laws which prohibit endorsing one candidate over another because he doesn't do it. However, we did have a problem with some of the congregation thinking they could talk politics at fellowship and during classes. When I discussed this with the pastor, he gave an ENTIRE sermon about keeping politics out of God's house. That political issues are too personal and it is not anyone's place to tell another person what to believe or how to vote. I simply love our pastor! The message was fabulous and the chatter has stopped. It doesn't belong in church on God's holy day. Keep it personal, keep it private, keep it at home.
    Anonymous

• Talking during the sermon or prayers...crying children that don't get taken to the nursery (where there is a live-feed of the service)....women and teenage girls that come to church in immodest clothing (shirts that show cleavage and midriff and skirts that hardly cover their butts), we go to church to worship, not to try to get all the guys to lust after you!
    Anonymous

• When people talk about opinions as if it were actual official doctrine.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• As long as they are in church at all, I DO NOT CARE whether they shave their heads or have acrylic nails, I don't care what color hair they have or how many piercings or tatoos. We should not be at church to judge others!!!!! We are there to share God's love and if you are constantly judging others, you are going to end up turning those people away from the church by your behavior. If you don't like what is going on around you, do what I do in a restaurant if the next table is too loud, JUST MOVE to a different pew if you need to, but be there to be close to God.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 1:26 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Army wife, I wasn't judging them. I was just saying that it is an odd distraction. It is comical. It is funny some of the things the enemy uses to take our minds off of the most important part of church.

I think everyone gets distracted sometimes, even if it is just by our tummies growling.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:37 AM on May. 19, 2009