What kind of milk does your toddler drink?

My daughter's doctor wants her on organic skim milk. My DH is throwing a temper tantrum himself; he insists that organic is a conspiracy by the government to make us pay more.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 6:02 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I believe very strongly that cow milk is for cows. We gave our daughter enriched soy or rice milk; never cow.
    Non-organic milk is really pretty disgusting; loaded with pus and other crap. Most cows are fed corn, despite being buit to eat grasses. The corn makes them sick, so they have to have a steady diet of antibiotics; just like with human milk, the antibiotics are passed into the cow milk.
    Plant based calcium is so much heathier than animal based. There is a great article here:
    http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Since the doctor is not concerned about fats (best from avocado, egg yolk, sunbutter, olive oil, etc.), there is no reason to give your child any beverage besides water.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• vitamin d whole milk. I think they need all the stuff it has at his age. Organic is probably good though.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 6:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• there's nothing wrong with plain old whole milk from oakhurst or Hood, and it has lots of good things for your child. WHY does your doctor want your LO on organic? Is she allergic to something that's in inorganic dairy? I might consider WHOLE organic...but skim lacks the fat that children need because they're so active they burn through it.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• omg ppl really? i live in the south & we used to drink it straight from the cow tit when i was a kid....

Anonymous

• i started my dd on whole cow's milk non organic or anything now she drinks 2% non organic cow milk

nothing wrong with cow milk, it's not going to hurt you unless you really do have an allergy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• She is not allergic to milk. He said that animal fat is not good for anyone, and he highly recommends organic skim milk beginning at the age of 2. Also, he says only 2 ounces of juice per day and water the rest of the time.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my dd dosen't drink juice at all, she dosen't like it i give her 2%milk most of the time b/c that's what she likes best, she sometimes drinks water or tea
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• animal fat is in more than just milk so do you cut out everything she eats & drinks with animal fat in it b/c the dr thinks he knows everything
    Anonymous

• My son gets horrible gas, belly aches and diarrhea from cows milk so he drinks soy milk. he's 16 months old.
    emmaleejean

Answer by emmaleejean at 6:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Darigold Vitamin D milk. My dr and lots of research by myself has concluded that, yes, children under two do NEED the animal fat. Look into it and you will find the extra fats help support healthy brain growth and function. As well as healthy growing bodies. But it's up to you what you feed your kid, your the mom. Do the research for yourself before making your decision.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 6:39 PM on May. 18, 2009