What do i do if my teen daughter wants a baby?

i trust her not to go get preggo on purpose. But her friend recently told me about how my daughter really wants a baby. do i talk to her about it? or tell her absolutly no?

GeeGee93

Asked by GeeGee93 at 6:04 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• look into putting her through a childcare course, and encourage babysitting as a part-time job after school. She'll gain experience she'll need in the future, and it might put her off of wanting a baby so badly.

FYI, When I was a teenager I wanted a baby very badly too, but I had enough sense to know that I wasn't ready, and it was never anything my mom and I talked about. I babysat a lot, which helped.. and now that I have a little one (I'm 23) I'm happy that I waited. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:07 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think its normal for a teen to want a baby-however what I find weird is usually they dont vocalize it, its just a secret...They may say things like I cant wait to be a mother one day-but thats a far cry from "I want a baby"
    I would talk with her, breifly-not to in depth dont make her scared to talk to you about it...
    I agree with the first post-put her in child care classes-have her babysit-not just an infant-but a BABY screaming poopy loud wet dirty stinky lovable wonderful baby!
    its not as easy as it looks, we all know that-Im a mom and after about 6 hours with my nephew I want to crawl in a hole and die. Lol
    Anonymous

• talk to her, if you flat out tell her no she might decide to be a little rebelious about it and go and do it anyways. just talk to her, tell her what its all about and like the other said encourage babysitting younger babies once she sees how much work it is.....she might decide to wait on her own.
    Anonymous

• Call the Red Cross, and have her take the babysitting class. Then get her taking care of children. Perhaps there is a neighborhood daycare where she can help change diapers after school.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Sew her knees shut.
    Anonymous

• talk to her about it...get her one of those annoying dolls that cry all the time and poop and all that jazz...theyre supposed to be like a real baby but I find there actually WORSE and that should scar eher out of it right away
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:41 PM on May. 18, 2009