is there a chance of living when someones in a coma from blood clots in the brain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• I have no medical training, but I believe a blood clot will kill you instantly once it reaches the brain so i would assume even someone in a coma would not survive a blood clot.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have had blood clots in the brain and lungs, and I was in a coma for about 2 days, you can survive, just it depends on how long the person is in a coma for, the longer they are "sleep"
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• sorry got cut off, the longer they "sleep" the harder it is to wake up, but blood clots can eventually go away, GL
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Yes, they can. Many people survive surgery to remove blood clots in the brain, it just depends on where the clot is and how quickly it was noticed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• its my cousin who is in a coma for 4 days now. they managed to drain the clots but she is not waking up. nd 2day, they r giving her blood. dont know whats goin on!!!
    Anonymous