I have had my tubes tied for about four and a half years but i am a week late....I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet....but I'm wondering if it's a waste of money since my tubes have been tied for so long?

Just looking for advice and to see if anyone else has been through this....I've been dead on schedule since my tubes have been tied...

threeunderfive

Asked by threeunderfive at 6:18 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i work in an OBGYN office, and there is a woman who had her tubes tied and a novasure procedure and she still got pregnant. Go talk to your doctor
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 6:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• umm, those things fail ALL THE TIME-
    thats how I came to be-thank god too!!!
    take a test, its 10 dollars no big, good luck and I hope whatever u want u get!
    Anonymous

• I would take the test, I have heard of those failing before. Could be stress or change in diet also causing your period to be late.
    Anonymous

• I would just wait another week or so, but sometimes those things do happen. I would just give it a little bit longer, then get a test...Good Luck!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 6:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Go to the dollar store and get a test, they are cheap, but you are late enough if you are, it should show up.

And yes, even permanent birth control isn't permanent all the time.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:26 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Test I've heard of woman getting pregnant after  a tubel. some how the tubes repair themselves on occasion and depending on how they were tied some procedures are more easy for the tubes to repair than others.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• you can still get pregnant with your tubes tied...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• M, go to the dollar tree and get a test. they work just as well- that's what i used! it is possible to get preggo with your tubes tied, although it's rare. if you don't feel like you're gonna get your period soon, then i would pick up the test just to make sure.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:29 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I was going to suggest purchasing a dollar store test in the meantime and waiting it out. BUT as I would think the risk for a tubal pregancy would be higher than normal I would'nt wait more than another week before contacting the doctor.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 9:55 AM on May. 19, 2009