how can i make extra money?

my husband just lost his job so how can we make extra money or save money?

mmkidder88

Asked by mmkidder88 at 6:28 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a few thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I put together a series of work at home articles by using eHow.  You can make some great money this way, but also, you I have excellent resources in my articles, including links and information.  You can check it all out here:

eHow What is it?

Work at Home Series of Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Drink only water. Plan meals meals and snacks, and only buy groceries to complete your meal plan.
    Cut back on meat and dairy and eat more legumes: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Feel free to contact me for recipe and meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Get your Sunday paper. If you are close to many stores shop each store but only buy their really good sales for the week. Each store has specials each week to pull people in to the store and that is all you want to buy. Don't buy prepared foods unless it is a good sale that matches with a coupon to make it very cheap or free. Plan and cook your own meals but you don't have to go without if you shop the right way. Where I live the CVS and Walgreens have freebies every week and with coupon matches I have tons of shampoo , deodorant etc that I have gotten for free or very cheap. If you really need a item most store brands are just as good as the main brands. You can also make you own laundry soap . After about $8 in ingrediants you won't have to budget for laundry soap for a long time. Check out salvation army and goodwill for clothes. I buy "lots" of clothes on ebay for the kids school clothes. Good Luck!!
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 6:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You can make extra money by selling Avon. I have a lot of girls on my team that pay a bill or two a month only selling to their own family. Its only $20 to start and you can begin making money straight away. Just go to www.start.youravon.com and use ref code dhullum You will make 50% on your first four campaigns and the first 3 campaigns your webstore is free!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 7:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I work with a group of gals called Internet CEO Moms. They are great! www.InternetCEOMoms.com/HealthyHome4All
    Praying you'll find a great option that works very well for you!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Get paid to get your mail out of the mailbox! Either at home or at the Post Office! No FEES!
    http://www.peoplestring.com/register/?r=cindyk1982

Get paid to do surveys! FREE STUFF FROM AMAZON and INSTANT CASH! PAID EVERYDAY!
    http://www.points2shop.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

Get paid to play games and do surveys! NO FEES EVER!
    http://cashcrate.com/322297

I make an excellent income from home with these FREE sites. All you need is about 10 minutes a day

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 8:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I actually have my own home business that saves my family money every month on everyday items...from toothpolish to laudry detergent.
    Not only do we save money, but I earn additional income by showing families how they can save money too.
    If you're interested in taking a look and judging if it could be for you, please contact me.
    I promis not to waster your time and there is absolutely NO RISK!
    mikwen

Answer by mikwen at 8:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I work online for a few different companies, all free, all easy work, http://freewebs.com/free2workathome is the website to get you started

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:07 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It sounds crazy but I saved my family $100 on this month's electric bill by monitering the temperature in our home and only turning the air-conditioning on when the ceiling fan wasn't doing enough. Also I sell jewelry, and it comes with a bag with slots to place your jewelry into so other people can see it, and it has literally sold itself. I made a decent paycheck in my first 2 weeks before I even had my first party.
    Daphne85

Answer by Daphne85 at 10:02 PM on May. 18, 2009