Does your kids play with toys that you use to play with? Either your actual toy or something you found in the store and had a childhood flashback and bought it for them.

I was at the store and saw a old fashion phone like what I had when I was a kid. You drag it around and the eyes move and it has a spin dial on it. He also has little people but they don't look a thing like the little people I had.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• AG BEAR! my baby =)
    he's a bear which echoes what you say with humming sounds. I had it since I was 7. my son found it the other day and drags it around sometimes.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• ha i remember those!
    well my son has all my teddy bears that i had starting since i was 3
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• For my first birthday I got a cabbage patch doll and I've kept it all these years and my daughter is going to be 1 and she already takes it with her everywhere. She has so many other dolls but she rather have my old doll. It made me tear the first time I seen her with it! LOL And my son plays with trains just like his dad did when he was little.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 6:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My kids are convinced they're going to be etch-a-sketch artists! They also love slinkies (only the metal ones work very good, plus they make a cool sound).
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 6:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have one of those old phones! I found it at a yard sale last summer and couldn't pass it up, but I noticed Walmart is selling them now too. I also have the old push and pop mower thingy...and...what else....whenever I see something I had when I was a kid at a yard sale I buy it for him..oh! the little farm set with the doors that creak when they open, and the farmers, and the tractor.. matchbox cars, I know there are others around here. I love seeing him play with things I played with as a tot.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:47 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My Little Ponies. I got 43 of the originals off of ebay for her and another 56 coming and she has 5 new ones, but I will probably leave those in the box.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:54 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Dd has my old care bears. I have my old cabbage patch kids somewhere I just haven't dragged them out yet. My MIL made some stuffed animals for dh when he was little. We gave them to ds a few years ago and he loves them.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My dd has about 3 or 4 of my first stuffed animals and she has a cabbage patch doll and I had one when I was little
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:18 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Yes, Lego's, Lincoln Logs (the real wood ones), matchbox cars, cabbage patch dolls,

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Little People. My mom still has the original ones that we use to play with.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:03 PM on May. 18, 2009