Help.....bad diaper rash

My son has a pretty bad diaper rash, he has had it a few days now. I have tried Johnsons-no more rash, Aquaphor, A&D, and boudreaux's Butt paste. Nothing seems to be working. He is almost 10 months and has never had anything but a slight redness that went away with an application or 2 of A&D. He is in pain and I don't know what else to try. I have heard all the above recommended to other moms with a similar question, so I tried them all. Anymore suggestions?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 6:37 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't read the pp so sorry if this is just repeating.

Try to bathe him once a day, and let him dry off completely before putting the diaper on (this goes for diaper changes too!)

Also, try applying Lanolin to the rash, no matter how bad of a rash my dd has had it always seems to clear it up in a day or two. Hopefully you have some kicking around, if not I think you can buy some for around $7 or so, or ask a doctor for a sample.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 7:18 PM on May. 18, 2009

• is it maybe yeast?

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• what would that look like?
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my son use to get that bad what you need to do is take your baby to the dr and get a prescribed oitment
    that is all that would work for my son and his little butt
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• if it is yeast try using gentian violet it is an anti-fungal not exactly sure where you can get it I think the pharmacy

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:41 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Leave his diaper off for a few minutes each changing to allow the skin to get some air. If he's wearing disposables, could the diaper have a chemical in it that's irritating his skin? There is a chance that the rash is because he's teething, in which case it might not pass until he's done. GL. Hope he gets better soon!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• look up yeast diaper rash then see if it looks like that

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 6:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• hydro cortizone
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 6:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Baby powder with aloe and vitamin E, all those other products keep the area wet you want the area to dry out. We use baby powder with aloe and vitamin E(it comes like that, it's the blue cap) and it dries it out and it makes it feel better as well. You want it to be dry, not wet, stop using those other products. For my kids A&D made it worse, and my MIL told us to use this baby powder and it worked. Try this first, because again you don't want the area wet you want it dry. If this doesn't work then take him to the doctor.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 6:45 PM on May. 18, 2009

• We just went through this and a couple Aveeno baths helped a lot.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:50 PM on May. 18, 2009