Would you STOP trying to lose weight if your DH/SO wanted you to?

I am 5' 4" and 125 when I first met my DH. Now having 2 kids (14 months apart) I now weigh 140. I was 165 when I gave birth to my second child, so I have lost 25 pounds within the last 3 months. I still want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and have been dieting and exercising. My DH wants me to stop losing weight. He says he loves the way I look now and doesnt want me to lose any more weight. He likes me better with a little "meat" on my bones. His words. I, on the other hand want to be the size 0 I used to be. I am at a loss. Should I please my DH and stop losing weight or should I please myself and keep on losing weight?

Please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I will always stand by, PLEASE YOURSELF FIRST! I will never let a man tell me how he wants me to look. So I hope that you get to the weight that you want to be at. GOOD LUCK!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 6:43 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You need to be the one happiest with your weight as long as you're healthy.
    He loved you at at that weight when he met you, and he will again... maybe do it slowly so he adjusts to it easier?
    I'd love to see size 0 again for just a few days... :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Maybe do a compromise with him. Make your goal weight 130.
    0 is too thin for your height and I can see why he wouldn't want you to be that way again. He may like your curves better because men are prone to liking bigger hips, butts, boobs, and legs.
    You can still lose some weight, just keep the curves. They did some type of studies on it, and found that men go for the size 8 to 12 women more than any other.
    Anonymous

• You were in a 0 at 125? I've never been in a 0 and at 109 and 5 ft 4 I was in a 3. 125 I was like a 5-7 Are they making pants sizes smaller AGAIN? They need to just start putting measurements on women's pants, it's getting ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• make yourself happy...that's what matters. you are the one that has to deal w the weight you carry around. a happy wife is a happy life:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:32 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Honestly, he looks at you far more than you look at yourself. If you can handle it, please him! Why not?
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I would def. take my husbands opinion in to consideration because his is important too. He's my husband and if he thought I looked better with a little weight on me rather than being skinny, then I'd probably keep some weight on me because he might be right! Other people are better at seeing us than we are, so I'd listen to my husband.
    Anonymous

• i believe each oen should do what pleases the otherin a relationsihp
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:51 AM on May. 19, 2009

• haha have the same problem i am 4'11 and was 125 when i first met my hubby have 2 kids now and weight 164 i have been trying so hard to loose the weight but when ever i cook dinner my hubby likes to make the plates so he trys to pile on the food he hates that im trying to loose weight.. so when he sees me exercise he gets mad and trys to make me feel bad and says i like the way u are.. then gets even madder when i dont stop and says who r u trying to loose it for.. little does he know i wanna loose the weight for his birthday cause i wanna take some pics for him lol... so i just say that its for him and to be healthy to keep up with my kids and feel good about myself... so now i just work out when hes at work... keeps us both happy
    Anonymous