Gangsta rap music?

What is up with this music? I do like some of the new stuff but this gangsta rap is seriously making my ds weird. Anyone else feel like this??? Lil' Wayne etc....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• laughingyeah my grandson (19) is getting a bit weird with it too! I'm sure  our parents and grandparents thought our music was weird as well. Just carrying on tradition of driving adults nuts with music!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• cant listen to that stuff in my house @ i have 2 teenagers, but behind ur backs they will listen to whatever they please, it may b just a phase. l
    threetimesaroun

Answer by threetimesaroun at 2:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Agree with pp. It's not allowed in the house, but luckily my kids really don't like it. But, they do have their own Zune's (ipod-type things) so they pretty much listen to whatever they want. I have seen their lists of music they have downloaded & no gangsta rap there. That music can be so degrading to women, I just don't like it & don't listen to any of it. Give me good ole sorft rock any day.
    dorothyn22

Answer by dorothyn22 at 2:47 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I'm actually a big fan of Lil' Wayne & that whole genera of music. I will say that not ALL the songs I like, some are very stupid or degrading to women & that I do not like but Lil' Wayne is a very talented musician. Thats just my opinion though.
    babylovee

Answer by babylovee at 7:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It may be a phase, or it may not be.. Ive been listening to rap since i was 16, im 26 now and i still listen to it.
    ShyJen

Answer by ShyJen at 12:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My Dad thinks is a bit "dirty" but he likes the beat to a lot of it.
    When ever I used to listen to it in his car (before my taste of music changed) he just said he didn't pay attention to the lyrics
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 6:22 AM on May. 21, 2009

• lol... When I was about 15 I started listening to it but ever since I was about 19 I fell into other types of music. The trick is to let them listen to whatever they feel like listening to. If you try and take it away from them they'll only rebel and do it more. If anything, join in and make fun of it. My mom used to come in and start "booty bouncing" saying she was shaking her "ass". She used to make me crack up!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:27 AM on Jun. 6, 2009

• I listen to everything but mostly rap.. I listen to really gangster rap that not a lot of people know.. I don't think it's the music that's making them that way. I think it's the people who come with the music
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 6:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:48 AM on Oct. 18, 2010