Does anyone sell Mary Kay??

I am looking to start selling Mary Kay. If you know... How much does it take to get started?? How does it work?? How much Money could you make in a month??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Mary Kay, like Avon, is a dangerous, hypocrital company, supporting breast cancer research with one hand and refusing to remove carcinogens with the other. It is up to you if you want to be associated with these companies. I urge you to do your own research, here are a couple of links to get you started:
    http://www.ewg.org/node/17637

http://www.safecosmetics.org/article.php?id=104

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on May. 19, 2009

• The starter kit for mary kay is $100 plus tax and it comes with over $300 worth of full size demo products or selling products and samples and tools.... as well as bag to carry it all. If that price is pricy for you at this time you can pre sell to earn it.
    and basically there are 5 ways to sell... 1)online (personal website, myspace, cafemom, facebook, etc...) 2) skin care classes (1-2 hour class deomstrating how our products work
    3) facials (30 min. to 1 hour smaller classes where you demonstarte just the basic products
    4) mail (the preffered customer program is a tool available to us to mail our custmoers the seasonal look book with samples in it 5) on the go (handing out your business card wherever you go, demoing with samples in between work during breaks or at school or whatever

and we make 50% comission and we have no territories so basically as long as you don't steal customers from other consultants you can
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 2:05 PM on May. 19, 2009

• ...sell to anyone anywhere.... and how much you make in a month really is up to you... one skin care class which take s a few hours on average gets you $100-$200 in pocket so if you did 2 or 3 you'd make roughly $400-$600 a month but i mean you could do much more than that... my director works her business full time and has a 6 figure income
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 2:07 PM on May. 19, 2009

• Thanks that is really helpful! I think I am just worried about not knowing enough people to get a good following going....
    Anonymous

• oh don't worry about that.... just tell your firends and family and they'll tell theirs...and hand out your card and tell neighbors....and make sure you meet people on cafemom and myspace or whatever other websites your on
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 10:59 PM on May. 19, 2009

• If you are keeping your option open, please contact me. I have a business with a botanically based skin care and wellness company. Our products are cuttind edge. Contact me and we will chat further.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:09 AM on May. 20, 2009