Well, since girding her loins with Jeebus didn't work

how do u tell your step daughters father and mother there little presious catholic girl is knocked up, she is 14.... she wants me to keep it a secret-we all know I cant do that sooooo.
shes in catholic school, wears a purtiy ring, the whole nine yards...they thought god would lead her on the path of innocence or somehting-how are they gonna deal with this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Thats not suprising actually. The more you hold people down the more rebelious they get. If they ask tell them she didnt tell you. They do not have to know, its not their business if she does not want them to know. They have no say in anything now, and if you want to do the right thing, let her tell them.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 6:58 PM on May. 18, 2009

• This questions is on here like 7 times, please stop reposting it because it's on here way too much. You only need to post it once!!
    Anonymous

• Good luck to you mama. In all honestly in it no ones business. Have you asked her what she wanted to do about it? Just remember be there for her.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:02 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Oh yeah I would not lie about not knowing that is just wrong.
    itsallabtthem84

• Perhaps it would be best to tell her you'll go with her to talk to the others. However, I wouldn't make fun of their beliefs because of her pregnancy. All kids make choices that have consequences, and making fun of the beliefs of her other family will only make her feel more shamed.
    Also, there is a great place called "Harbor House" in Ohio that can really help kids and their families when faced with an unexpected pregnancy.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Well, apparently she comes from an uneducated family so, what did they think would happen?
    Anonymous

• I went to a Catholic school for 9 years and from experience, once most kids are out of that Catholic school (or still in it), they tend to rebel. Also, Catholic schools tend to gloss over the whole sex ed and don't mention protection or anything like that. Sex is taboo in school. I would tell her parents, with her.

To anon 8:34pm, that is a little rude, just because a girl gets pregnant doesn't mean she comes from an uneducated family. It happens to people in all economic levels.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My opinion is based on the OP's obviou lack of education in her post.
    Anonymous

• obvious^
    Anonymous

• YOU CANT TELL THEM...YOU HAVE TO LET HER DO IT! But you can help her tell them...and make sure they dont overreact..
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:42 PM on May. 18, 2009