If your child has a hangnail and you don't have any nail clippers...do you leave it alone or bite it off yourself?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:55 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Leave it alone.

I would be afraid that if I screwed up and ended up tearing the skin that the enzymes from my mouth would contribute to inflammation or an infection. The human mouth is a dirty place.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:06 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I pull it. I pinch it between my fingernails and pull downward. I do it real quick. Ds gets lot of hanglnails (one a week at least) and he always comes to me to have them pulled. He's 4 now and tries to do them on his own. Sometimes he gets it and sometimes he comes to me for a bandaid.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I use my nails to pull it off, I dont want my kid to be in pain, those things hurt
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 7:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• With it being a hangnail, I'd leave it alone. If it gets pulled it can wind up pulling off more nail/skin, and wind up causing more pain. With regular nails that are a bit too long I had no idea biting them off when they were little.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• oh double yuck.

No, leave it alone.
    Foster_Mom

Answer by Foster_Mom at 10:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• eh, whichever. Depends. My kid had put grosser things than his finger in my mouth. I once drank a worm he put in my coke.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:43 PM on May. 18, 2009