At what age did your child start using a pillow?

My daughter is 19 months old. We will be transitioning her to a toddler bed when she turns 2 in October. I was wondering at what age do you let them sleep on a pillow?

melliesmom1207

Asked by melliesmom1207 at 6:57 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son slept with one when he was 14 months, then he stopped using it, he doesn't like it. He's 2 now and still doesn't sleep with one. My daughter is 11 months and she hates pillows as well. You can try it and see if she likes it. If not then she doesn't need one.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 6:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Around 18 months, when she moved to her toddler bed.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 7:02 PM on May. 18, 2009

• just last week when she turned 2! She loves it!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Sometime around 12 months she started using it at nap times then eventually at night too. She loves her pillow, we have always used it since birth for breast feeding then botle feeding and naps on laps, and playing on the floor. Mind you, I have bought new pillows so it's not the same one....but don't tell her that! lol!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 7:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• When they were put in toddler beds. Both dd and ds went into toddler beds at 18 months. We bought them really flat ones to start with.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My DD started using a pillow around the age of 13 months and is now 2 1/2 and still uses one every night. My DS just recently started using a pillow and he is 15 months. I do alot of sewing so I find material with their favorite characters on it and make them pillows...they LOVE them!
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 11:31 PM on May. 18, 2009