A Christian's question about reincarnation

I was reading the other post and I have a question. I didn't want to post it there, because it was for you guys not me : )

Anyways, I see that some of you believe that we have been reincarnating since "Adam and Eve's times" and that each time we are strengthened by our experiences and we learn and sort of evolve in our morality -- "With each life, we encounter opportunities to learn, to strengthen our self-mastery, to lift and support the people around us."

My question is why haven't we achieved world peace by now, if we have been evolving for so long? It seems like the world is as brutal and wicked as ever, if not worse.

I am asking because I find it interesting, not because I want to stir up trouble. I personally don't believe in reincarnation. But I trip out on it : ) I am still tripping out on the idea of charting. LOL. Thanks for bearing with me!

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 6:59 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally I believe that new souls are born everyday so basically every soul is at a different level of experience or enlightenment.  Once a soul has learned/experienced everything it is meant to then the energy of that soul becomes part of God/Goddess energy.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• The key word in your quote there is "opportunity". It doesn't mean everyone is going to take advantage of that opportunity every time it comes up. Other things get in the way --- emotions & attachment, mainly.

Also, reincarnation doesn't always mean coming back as another human being on this planet either. If you do a really sucky job & fail to learn what you were supposed to in "Life A", then it's likely you'll regress in your return (in form & location) ---- sort of a review since you failed the first time. If you do wonderfully, perhaps another place would benefit from you being there moreso than here.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Interesting...hmmm.

I don't agree with reincarnation either...it conflicts with everything the Bible says. I see what you're saying though....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think we are all a piece of the God Force - that is what the soul is. God is a sentient pool of energy, and it lives in physical form through us - but it is so vast, most of it stays ethereal. For me, technically - we are all God in physical form. So are the trees, and the animals, and the amoeba.

For me, it's all about maintaining the balance. Something that is all good or all evil cannot survive - you cannot have the Yin without the Yang. The God Force needs to maintain balance. I think the balance somewhat manifests itself here on earth. We work to maintain the balance. Whether we EVER move on to something "higher" - I really don't know. I think we rejoin the God Force, merge back into it, and when a new soul is born, it's a new mix - a new portion of the God Force. In other words, the new soul may have a bit of tree, some elk, some of what you were in the past life, and some of others. You are a new soul.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• People don't like that - that we lose our identity when we die - but really, we don't - because our real identity is the God Force. I do think that we maintain our identity for a bit - it takes a while for us to let go of it - and so we work in service for a while, looking down upon our own, until we finally let go and fade and blend back in - until we are ready to reincarnate again.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:43 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If reincarnation were not a reality then the souls of infants lost before or after birth have had NO time to learn or grow or fulfill any kind of purpose--UNLESS this was only one life of many. Unless there are other chances. A former friend pointed out that the only way for Jesus' disciples and followers to still be living at the time of his second coming is if they were incarnated into new lives and new bodies. Otherwise Jesus prophecy that "Many here will not taste of death before the son of man comes into his kingdom" was a dud and all the apostles are dead and gone forever. I remember two lives that I have lived before. And I see the previous lives of people on cafemom when I see a picture of them. Some of you would be surprised where you have been before this!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:32 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Hahaha, witchqueen ---- I just had a flash of Dane Cook on "Rough Around the Edges" LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• King James Bible : 2 Thessalonians : Chapter 2
    2:11
    And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    age55

Answer by age55 at 1:49 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Simply because what takes lifetimes for us when we are in a mortal body, is only a drop in the bucket in time for our immortal souls. The same way some Xtians explain that the "7 day" timeline in the bible was god's idea of 7 days, but may have taken thousands of years in our concept of time.

Also, even though we learn each time we come back, we have to rediscover that information in each incarnation. Usually its a feeling you have about who you are or what your purpose is...its there, but its not in neon lights or anything. LOL.

Does that help?
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:35 PM on May. 19, 2009

• witchqueen..

See anything for me? I have some ideas/dreams...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 3:36 PM on May. 19, 2009