Reincarnation and Abortion

Oh, and another question while I am at it. -- I'm on a roll, LOL-- Does your belief in reincarnation influence your opinion on abortion. I noticed it was brought up in the other thread. I mean if you believe in reincarnation that person has another shot at an incarnation/life; they will just come back as someone else. Whereas if you don't believe in reincarnation you are more likely to think that this soul had one shot at life and it was taken away? Does that make sense?

Again I am just super interested. Thanks

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 7:08 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My belief in reincarnation makes abortion MUCH more wrong in my eyes ... an incarnation is not just a random "plop - here's a body for you, off you go !" The person has a whole life prepared which starts with the parents who are going to give the genetic material for the person to have various abilities for carrying out his / her goals. The person has karmic connections with MANY people - parents, siblings, childhood friends, future classmates in school & college, future co-workers & fellow community-members. These are connections they need to fulfill - make amends to someone they have wronged, be a blessing to someone who was good to them, be a parent to people "scheduled" to be born later.
    If these connections aren't made, then certain tasks must be carried forward to the next life, and that next life becomes even more burdened with requirements.
    The progress of a society is helped or hindered by the success of EVERY ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• It's just my opinion that a soul does not enter a body until just before birth. That way if the body dies it just waits for the next one. I truly feel that my oldest son is the same soul that would have entered the body of the baby I lost to miscarriage. It's just that the first body was flawed and resulted in loss. So he waited for the next one to be made and entered my life then.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Okay, it does not influence my belief on abortion. I don't like abortion but under certain circumstances and done very early, I understand abortion. I believe babies want to be in a family or "chart" a family where they are wanted and can be safe. I also believe the soul doesn't enter the body right away, sort of a safety net, if you will. Miscarriages can be thought of as souls that decide to "exit" or back out because they aren't ready. Does the same soul incarnate that was aborted? I believe that depends on the circumstances. People that use abortion as birth control are in karmic trouble unless the person is learning a life lesson. If it's a one time thing, that soul may decide to try and incarnate again with this Mom or not. I do not think a soul sees it as one shot at life. We chart everything. This is a good question because you're inquiring about the point of entry of a soul.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, my religious beliefs play no real role in my beliefs in regards to abortion.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:54 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Yes, for me, it does play a role. I believe a life is a life at the moment is starts to grow. But - I really don't believe a mass of cells has a consciousness, yet. Does it have a soul? I don't think it would be able to grow without one - I think life requires it. That's my belief.

I also believe we have obstacles placed in front of us for a reason - it's up to us to decide how we are going to handle the obstacle. Life and death is a continuing cycle - you die of natural causes, you die from disease, you die from murder, you die from accidents, you die from miscarriage - al at different stages of life - young, teen, adult, old - people die.

Is there something to be learned, from dying at those different stages of life? If you believe in reincarnation, it makes sense to believe that you will at some point experience all these different stages of death. These different types of death. How will you face them...
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• ... how will you handle them?

For the very young stages, it makes sense to me that those entities are here to place the obstacle in front of the mother and father. You are pregnant - how are you going to handle me? What are you going to do with my life, now present inside you? This is their obstacle to overcome. It's an event they have to experience. They choose abortion, the small life moves on to live another day elsewhere. If it needs to. It could be that it only had to experience a tiny period of life to finally finish it's days in the physical form. Perhaps it knew exactly what it was doing when it chose to form life in that particular person.

There are a lot of "what ifs" about the otherworld and what happens after we die. Nobody really knows, do they? But on this side, the physical side, life and death happens all around us.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:22 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I believe in reincarnation and I don't believe a soul will enter into a body that is going to be aborted or miscarried. There would be no point in entering into a body only to die. And I believe that when we're on The Other Side, we KNOW that this stuff is going to happen before it happens, because we are able to view everyone else's charts (or lifelines). Now, that doesn't mean that I think it's OK to have an abortion. I think there needs to be more programs in place to help teens and young women to learn better self esteem, etc. (which is what a lot of this stems from). But I also know when you look at everything from a "spiritual" point of view, this LIFE is just a phase in our eternal existence so an "abortion" really is not the "end of the world". So the soul will come in at another time...nothing is lost.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:25 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I know, from personal experience only, that the soul of a lost fetus (whether from abortion or miscarriage) returns to the Other Side and waits for another pregnancy to return. The soul is perpetual. Loss of a body does not stop it from coming here and being born. I know of at least two miscarriages that ended in the subsequent birth of a baby and of the same soul. I doubt it affects my feelings on abortion. It's not my job to make a decision for another woman--any more than it is HER job to make a decision for me.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Most definitely!  It's like telling that soul "Thank you...try again."  If the soul is bound and determined to reincarnate...it'll keep at it till it's successful. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• See, I have a bit of a different view on this. I do not think that every aborted baby or miscarried baby had a soul attached to it. Especially if it is early in gestation. And I believe a soul can go from Home to the womb whenever it wants to. Once, the baby is born, however, it's stuck. I think this "free passage" is done so that the soul that is going to incarnate can be absolutely sure that it is ready for the life it is about to lead.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:47 PM on May. 18, 2009