Do you open your blinds during the day or keep them shut?

I open the blinds in the living room, dining room, and kitchen. I usually keep the ones in our bedroom and our daughter's room shut...I need a certain level of privacy, lmao.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:08 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I open them all, the sun light is so bright, I don't have to turn on any lights during the day!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 7:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i open them during the day for natural light. it really reduces our bill!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I open the sliding doors to get fresh air and blinds when it's nice out today it was 90degrees and I usually open the blinds on the windows.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:15 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I open the ones in the living room during the day, and basically those are the only ones that get opened. The ones in the kitchen stay shut only because of the house that they are facing (we don't get along well with that neighbor, and she is snoops A LOT!!) The ones in our bedroom and my son's room are just always shut.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 7:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Depends on the season. In the summer, I close out the sun from the front rooms first thing in the morning and the back rooms in the afternoon. This helps to save energy costs as the sun isn't heating up the room nearly as much. In the winter I open all the blinds in the front in the morning and in the back of the house in the afternoon to allow the natural solar energy to heat the rooms. Even closing the blinds in the summer, there is still plenty of light coming in that we do not need to use the ceiling and floor lamps.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:17 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I would die (o.k., yeah, that's a bit dramatic) if the natural light wasn't pouring in! I think the colors are more vivid when the sky is gray, and the sunshine more lovely when it is clear skies...so the natural light is the consistent joy!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:18 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If it is cold and sunny, I open them and then close them when the sun has gone. If it is cold and cloudy, they stay closed unless I need them open for the light. I figure turning on the lights uses more electricity than the amount of heat lost. If it is hot and sunny, they stay closed until the sun is gone and then they are open. If it is hot and cloudy, I open them. At night for privacy, I close all.

Answer by Bmat at 7:19 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i open them! However, I work nights and if I dont shut them before I go to work, they are open when I get home in the morning! My husband forgets to shut them, which DRIVES me NUTS!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 7:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• oooooooooooooooooooooooopen!!!!!!!!!!! My husband drive me nuts because he will keep all of that shut and I hate the dark with unnatural light when there is perfectly good sunlight out there!

But we both work, so during the day we shut them when we aren't home....
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Open them all!!!! Closed blinds depress me. Like I am some bum sitting in a dark dreary room. I know a bit dramatic but there is no way I could leave them closed all day.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:30 PM on May. 18, 2009