Another Woman BFing My DD!?!?!?! (PIOG)

So the other day DD's Sperm Donor (SD) came over, which was fine, at least he was actually here to see her. Well he brought up another woman (his and his psycho gf's friend) feeding DD. So that they could "take her on a play date and so she could stay the night at their house". UHM NO!

I don't know this woman, I don't know what kind of things she does, if she has an diseases...He stated well her milk would be better than yours, she doesn't drink coffee, or energy drinks. (The energy drinks I drink DO NOT state not for nursing women.) I was appalled by his suggestion. If my milk had dried up, or I was deathly sick, and it was contagious, then yes, but just for a play date, and so she can stay at their house? NO NO NO NO NO! I am her mother, my milk is best for her! I just wanted to smack him when he suggested this. I have more than plenty of milk for her. Is my answer wrong?

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 7:29 PM on May. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• you know- back in the day it was the norm for a (rich) mother to have a wet nurse- another woman to breastfeed her child... I have always thought that sounded wierd, but in some context it is still around today, for women who want to do the breastmilk thing and can't for whatever reason

that said- this particular situation is creepy, and totally not gonna happen (if it were my decision ya know)

LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:46 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I am sorry but I would not want another women to pop her boob into my child's mouth, jmo. I feel this is a special bonding time between the child & mother. Know I would pump milk for him so he can take his child on a play date but that is it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• He's saying he wants someone else to breastfeed your child?! That is gross in my opinion!! And you are absolutely right for what you said!! I wouldn't let my child go with someone I don't know either!! He is crazy and gross!!
    Anonymous

• no your answer is not wrong. He must have lost his damn mind. Who is he to tell you whos milk is better. I wouldn't want my daughter around another woman who would even consider doing that. To me its just gross.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 7:34 PM on May. 18, 2009

• NOOO.... you're milk is made JUST FOR YOUR BABY and her needs. She can't go over there if u have to worry about it.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:34 PM on May. 18, 2009

• The whole situation sounds creepy
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Haha I'd say hell no! That's sort of creepy and gross.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If it was my bff, and I had no milk, it would be okay with me, because that is my bff, DD's godmama. But a woman I DO NOT know from any other person walking down the street???? NO.
    And I can't pump and give her a bottle, she will NOT take a bottle, in her opinion they come from hell lol. She is a booby baby. And yes, I feel like it is a bonding time between us, in fact, she just fell asleep on the boob while I am writing this lol. I DO make enough milk for her, it is not a supply issue, so then NO i do not feel this is right. He said okay, but I don't think he really understands how badly that upset (?) disturbed (?) me? Idk the emotions, lol there were so many of them and still are.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 7:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It creeps me out too!!
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 7:49 PM on May. 18, 2009

• tell him he is insane for thinking like that and you are not letting YOUR DAUGHTER GO ANYWHERE WITH HIM WITHOUT YOU!!!!
    Dianne1259

Answer by Dianne1259 at 8:14 PM on May. 18, 2009