Are there any organized Christian religions that believe abortion is ok 100%

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you mean Christian Denominations....there is one Christian religion but many denominations of it and no, I do not believe that any denomination publicly supports abortion or the Pro-Choice movement.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I hope not!!! Abortion is WRONG!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 7:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• None that are truly Christian. If a particular religion or denomination says abortion is OK, they aren't following true principles of Christianity.

Anonymous

• I'm with sxc_mom_of2!

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:49 PM on May. 18, 2009

• There are no people period who think abortion is 100% OK.

Anonymous

• Thank you anon.. exactly was I was going to say.. pro-choice does NOT mean we are PRO-Abortion.. it just means that you believe it should be up to the individual person, rather than society... and no, there are not any denominations that are okay with it, but there are individuals that are Christian, that are pro-choice..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• No, but also there are no people that think abortion is 100% ok either. Also, SOME denominations agree that abortion MAY be wrong but there is a need at times (mom's life is in danger, birth defects, etc) and some that believe it is the personal choice of the woman/couple> I prefer the denominations that do not preach anti-abortion all the time because you cannot account for every single circumstance that will arise and I would rather a woman have access to a safe abortion than have to resort to a coat hanger.
    Anonymous

• There are people who think abortion is ok 100% don't kid yourself.
    Anonymous

• Seriously? I would hope not! I don't see how it could be, in fact, I don't see how any human being could be 100% okay with it, unless they truly don't understand what it is.
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 9:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If there were, they wouldnt be christian!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 9:52 PM on May. 18, 2009