Religion you see on cafemom...

...do you take it as a true representative of the religion? I read so much of how this person is not representing her faith in a good light on cafemom. I don't take to heart what I read on cafemom. If I were to take the example from cafemom I would think most pagans are mad at the Christian world. Does anyone take the examples of religion we see on cafemom to true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I try not to. I've seen lots of people from other religions make rude and hateful comments towards others, while stating that they have morals and try their best not to harm others. This world is full of hipocrytes. There are poor examples in every faith and religion.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:51 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Honestly, I try not to generalize but some days it is hard, especially when you get inundated with hate mail, damnation, name calling, etc from members of a particular religion.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Some of the Christians on CM have pushed my away from Christianity. I don't want to raise my child in a community that judges people and looks down on people who don't agree with them. I don't think the harshest people on here represent all or most Christians, but the fact that other Christians don't put them in their place very often makes me really sad.

Anonymous

• Honestly I don't care what religion a person is. I think on this site people can be a little harsher because they can 'hide' behind the computer screen. They might actually be really nice and not as in-your-face in real life :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:58 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I know what you mean, some of the mean remarks I see from a group that believes everything will come back to you makes me wonder what is going on in their minds.
    Anonymous

• "Some of the Christians on CM have pushed my away from Christianity. I don't want to raise my child in a community that judges people and looks down on people who don't agree with them. I don't think the harshest people on here represent all or most Christians, but the fact that other Christians don't put them in their place very often makes me really sad."

Whoever you are, I love you :o]

It's extremely sad how religion distorts people's true nature sometimes. Someone might be a great person but they let their religious convictions get in the way. Unfortunately on CafeMom, people can hide behind that little blue circle and question mark and spread lies and hate. They'd almost certainly never do it to your face. It makes me sad for future generations. I thought we were becoming more tolerant as time went on...guess I was wrong.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:01 PM on May. 18, 2009

• There are as many faiths as there are individuals. I'ts all personal opinion.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:01 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You can't judge a religious group by an individual. There are weirdos in every group : ) I try and look at people as people.

That said, I know that people look at my life as an example (among others : ) of what a Christian is like. Here and in real life. My husband is a youth pastor so people are always watching us (at our church which is huge, in our neighborhood, when I am doing my errands, etc.) Personally, I want my life to bring glory to the name of Jesus. I want people to think better of Him because of how I live my life. I refuse to be a phony though (those church ladies who talk queitly with a lisp, lol) I will be myself and joke around because that is me. I am human and I make mistakes, but I try and remember that people are watching me; I would hate to misrepresent my perfect Lord. I take that seriously.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• do you take it as a true representative of the religion?

No, but it is representative of the individual. The only reason you know anyone's religion on this site is because they tell you. If it's important enough for them to tell you, than it is important enough they should be guided by its principles. Things like harassing others and going into high Nazi mode against others of the same faith, accusing them of being cults, or accusing entire other religions of being evil, are MORE damning because that individual first made it a point to tell everyone what their faith was.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Does anyone really think the Christian faith is represented accurately on cafemom? Do you honestly think this is a true example of a Christian?
    Anonymous