Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a dr.s appt in two weeks with the gynocologist because i haven't been able to conceive in almost 5 yrs? could it be i am completly infertile?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (5)
  • It could be, or your partner, but it could be other reasons, too. It is a good idea to get checked out to find out what is preventing conception. I hope that it all works out for you. I wonder if you would post a followup so we know how you are doing?

    Answer by Bmat at 7:55 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • It took my husband and I 3 years to get pregnant. We went to a fertility specialist and after all the tests they give, found absolutely nothing wrong. We went on Clomid for 3 months and didn't get pregnant. Then a month before we were going to do Invitro, we found out I was pregnant.
    It could be something little that can be fixed in one day! Good luck to you!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • 5 years? I'd skip the gynecologist and go straight to a reproductive endocrinologist (fertility specialist). Get a complete workup including hormone levels, cycle monitoring and ultrasounds to see if there's anything going on in there that could be making conception harder. There are many treatable possibilities, that considering you're completely infertile should not be a major worry. Don't worry until you definitely know there's something to worry about. Until then, you're just playing head games with yourself and not making positive progress towards conceiving.

    Good luck!

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • You "Could" BE!
    But i want to tell you that might not be TRUE at all hon!

    It Took me and My DH 6 YEARS to make our beautiful Lexie,

    Without the help of fertile treatment's
    Switching my Diet, Cutting the Soda's Completely!
    Not only my diet,
    Hubby too!!
    Apple Juice for him it helps the sperm!!
    good luck doll
    prayers are with you!

    Answer by LexsiesMommy at 3:22 AM on May. 19, 2009

  • Halfpint is right; you need to see an RE to get the most accurate diagnosis for fertility issues, and it is way too early to assume the worst. Your insurance may require a referral to see an RE, so you may have to go through your OB/GYN to get a referral. Good luck!

    Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:33 AM on May. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.