Relationship help???????

Can pregnancy and parent hood ruin a relationship. My SO and I are pregnant, we were great before, but now it feels like we are falling apart...anyone going through this...any advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• It can if you let it. My husband and I had a very hard time while I was pregnant and until recently. My daughter is 11 months old now and things still aren't 100%, but they're getting better. You just have to try to make time for you two. Plus, right now, all your hormones are out of whack. You'll be more emotional and all that while you're pregnant.
    Anonymous

• If the guy liked having all of your attention and now he doesn't have it, it may be difficult for him, as you may be focusing more on preparing for the child.

Answer by Bmat at 8:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• yup it can ruin it big time.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on May. 18, 2009

• First baby? Maybe fear of the unknown has you both a little stressed out? How will we make ends meet, will we be good parents, are we going to agree on how to raise this baby - all questions that can add stress and cause problems. If either of you have any fears about whats to come, now is a great time to work through these concerns. Best of luck! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    Mom_2_4_monkeys

Answer by Mom_2_4_monkeys at 9:10 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I agree with op, only if you let it. The experience might actually bring you closer together. Sharing fears, hopes and expectations can help do that. Think of sharing and deciding baby's name and so on.Congratulations on your pregnancy and hope everything works out for you.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 2:21 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Yes.. to answer in one word. Pregnancy and babies cause strain on a relationship. ESPECIALLY if you have the child before establishing your relationship ( marriage). In a perfect world we would all date for a few years, marry and take a good 2-4 years to get to really know eachother and then start having kids.. but it's rare that any of us do that. :) It's a struggle but if you both love each other your bond can actually be strengthened.. takes hard work! don't give up.
    Anonymous

• Im 32 wekks along with my first and my husband had hard time dealing with our having a baby at first. he was scared and taking it out on my b/c im his bast friend.. the person he goes to for everything. and in one day i was the enemy.i reminded him of all the things that he was scared of. i just reassured him that hes going to be a great father b.c hes a great man and husband. and now he is 100% a better man. always checking on me talking to my baby things like that. we just worked through it.i found what worked for him was teaching him. he has never been around baies so he was terrified of dropping her and diaper changes and tht she would hate him for not being as good at it as i was. i showed him how to change a diaper and taught him how to hold a baby and hes feels 100% more confident. so i hope this helps. if ou want to talk message me.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:44 PM on May. 19, 2009