• In the Spotlight:

Do you give egg for your 18 months baby as their everyday menu?

How many egg do you give in a day? Is it healthy to do so? For us grown ups, we should limit consuming eggs, since it got high cholesterol. What about 18 mobths baby?

ChristianaChen

Asked by ChristianaChen at 8:33 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well Eggs are fine in limited amts. If you worry about feeding eggs to your LO just give the whites. The yolk is what has all the cholesterol. Or buy egg beaters which are healthy and you can give your child those. My DD loved the Gerber foods eggs. There are lots of options for feeding eggs to your kids. also eggland best although somewhat more expensive are better that regular eggs. These days there is no reason except for allergies that you cant feed your child eggs, Enjoy.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 11:25 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'd say 1 a day is okay, but they are just like us. So, I'd say too many for a baby isn't a good thing.
    Anonymous

• I believe 3 per week is the recommended number for children.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 9:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my kids are weired and they like poached eggs they'd eat it everyday if they could .. but we make them like 4x a week- in regard to healthy for only 70 calories in an egg you get a lot in return.. I'd axe the butter and other stuff before I"d axe the egg routine---
    Oh and before anyone says my kid can get salmonela from poaching... we have our own hens we dont buy our eggs
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:32 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Thank you so much for your inputs, moms!
    ChristianaChen

Answer by ChristianaChen at 2:55 AM on May. 20, 2009