why is my baby losing weight?

she was 7.58 at the hospital when we left she was 6.15lbs then when she was 5 days old she got weighed at the doctor and she weighed 6.13 and now i just weighed her on the wii fit (which is accurate) and shes 6.7lbs(10days)

im really scared I dont know why this is cuz she eats! sometimes (every 3 hours) only 2 oz but sometimes she finishes her bottle down to the drop so idk whats wrong

sickgirlelle

Asked by sickgirlelle at 8:34 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its normal all babies lose weightmy daughter was 8 lbs 9 oz at the hospital and at her appoinment she was 8 3
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• yeash its totally normal. my daughters pedi said its normal for them to lsoe weight but about a week after they are born they should be above their birth weight but not all are. my daughter didnt get past her birth weight until like a month later. it was strange she ate all the time and shes brestfed but shes 3 months now and a chunky girl! no worries
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Most babies will lose anywhere up to a whole pound in the first week. It's nothing to worry about unless she keeps losing or doesn't gain it back.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:10 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It's perfectly normal for a newborn to lose between five and ten percent of their birth weight. She should start gaining it back in the next week or so. I wouldn't worry at all. As long as she's eating, having regular wet/muddy diapers, and seems content, she's fine.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 9:30 PM on May. 18, 2009