Has anyone ever got pregnant while on Depo?

I am 8 months postpartum now and have only had sex once like 4 weeks ago. But my periods have been screwy since my son was born so I cant really tell if it's too early to test. I've taken 2 tests and both said neg, I'm just concerned because I have the exact same symptoms as I did the first time around and I am on a lot of medications that I know I can't take if I'm pregnant. So simply out of curiosity have any of you got pregnant while on depo? The first time around I was on yaz so my faith in BC is a bit shaken

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 8:43 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i missed a shot and concieved 2 days later. depo is going to mess with your periods. i have been off it since jan. and had all the pregnant symptoms-down to being sick all the time, boob tenderness, etc etc. i was negative on all 5 tests. im not pregnant though.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Hey thanks! That puts my mind at ease a little. Obviously I would be overjoyed to have another baby I would just prefer to have it when I can be off my meds safely and after my son has had plenty of time to be the baby
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:10 PM on May. 18, 2009