Advice for Judgemental Cafe Moms?

If you could look a judgemental cafemom in the face, what advice would you give her? You know who I'm referring to. The ones who like to drop the "L-Bomb" (LAZY), the ones who tell moms who feed their children Mac and Cheese that they are bad moms. The ones who would NEVER feed their child formula, or "white pasta", or juice. The ones who say rant about parents allowing daycare to "raise" their children. Or the ones who think working outside of the home is the worse thing you could do for your child. The ones who think they are God's gift to motherhood.

I would say, "Take the plank out of your own eye before you talk about the speck in mine"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on May. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• My aunt is fond of saying "If they'd keep their own doorstep swept off, they wouldn't have time to look for any dirt on mine." I love that.

And the most irritating part is, most of these "uber-moms" post their snide comments anonymously. I went on a huge rant about this yesterday in my journal. If you're going to be rude, at least have the nerve to put a name to it.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 9:25 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'd say Godbless you for trying to help the unfortunate
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:47 PM on May. 18, 2009

• So completely sick of the pompous, uptight, parenting nazis.

Matthew 7:1-5
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Anonymous

• I'd say a very Christian phrase, though I take pride in being pagan, I think this quote from the bible is very adequate: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" No one is perfect, and it's time we stop expecting each other to be. The best we can hope for our children is that they grow up in a loving home, no matter what they are fed, or dressed in, if we love our LOs, we are successful.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Or the ones who accuse moms of lying in their answers, or make fun of other moms for their questions... let's not for get them.

Anonymous

• "Don't judge until you've walked in my shoes"
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• What about the ones that think Christ is the answer to everything?
    Anonymous

• you know in there rude obnoxious, out of this world opnionated way- I GUESS there trying to "help" ...
    If feeding my kids mac n cheese, working hard to provide for my family, jumping in mud puddles when it rains and letting them eat like cows at the fair makes ME a bad mom so be it!
    Anonymous

• Piss off. Short and sweet. I have quite the little cyber stalker that will follow me around telling me what a b*tch I am. Sucks the fun right out of this site.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Don't forget the ones that say you should be reported to the authorities because they don't like the discipline you use. If you don't have anything productive to say then don't say anything at all. Your not perfect so quit trying to act like you are.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:36 PM on May. 18, 2009